Respected Contributor

YELLOW SQUASH STUFFED W/ PORK SAUSAGE

YELLOW SQUASH STUFFED W/ PORK SAUSAGE

6 medium-size yellow squash

1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing (I use Pepperidge Farm, crushed in a plastic bag)

1/4 tsp. salt

2 and 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Wash squash and cook, whole, in boiling salted water 8-10 minutes until tender but still firm.

Drain and cool slightly.

Trim off stems. Cut in half lengthwise.  Remove and reserve pulp.

Cook sausage and onion in skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned.

Drain off pan drippings.  Stir in squash pulp, herb stuffing and salt.

Place squash shells in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. 

Spoon sausage mixture into shells; sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Re: YELLOW SQUASH STUFFED W/ PORK SAUSAGE

This sounds delish!!!  Wish I had all the ingredients. . . I would try this today! 

Thanks novamc

Honored Contributor

Another winner novamc, thank you again for posting!

Respected Contributor

Novamc, I just realized you are a new participant. Woman Embarassed   Welcome to Recipes!  Make yourself at home here, I hope we see you often.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I'm not quite as new as it appears.  Look up my old nickname: novadc.  It's still there, and in fact, you'll see two listings for that name.

Been reading the forums for a couple years and signed up to post back in April.  However, about two weeks ago, the QVC webmaster sent me an email telling me he had found two email addresses for me (meaning the one I use now and an old one I had given QVC many years ago, with an internet provider that I haven't had for years. Any mail goingto that old address would wind up being returned to sender as undeliverable. 

Webmaster inexplicably  decided to wipe out my good email address, suggested I use the defunct email address (with an ISP that I no longer have!!!???), and said I needed to pick a new nickname.  It was impossible for me to re-register to  use the forums after that, until I finally set up a completely  new email address. 

Apparently, the powers-that-be for this website are not able to restore certain things once they remove them.

Even more maddening is the fact that all recipes I had posted just since April were wiped out in the website changeover.

In fact, if anyone reading this happens to have a copy of one recipe I had posted--POTATO SALAD W/ GREEN BEANS & BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE--I'm looking for it at home and can't find it.  If you see it anywhere, maybe you could repost it??

Contributor

[ Edited ]

POTATO SALAD with GREEN BEANS  & BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE~ novadc 

For 6 servings:
1.5 pounds small round red potatoes, peeled if desired
3/4 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Arrange potatoes in steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam 20 min. or until tender. Place in a large serving bowl.
Arrange beans in steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam 10 min. or until crisp-tender.
Quarter the potatoes; add beans, onion and basil.
Add Balsamic Vinaigrette to potato mixture and gently toss.
Serve immediately or cover and chill.

BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 minced garlic clove
Combine all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously. Makes 1 cup.

gr8auntie

corrected a measurement per the OP