Honored Contributor

How do you use it in your foods?

I like it in goulash, and in the holiday mix for snacking.  Do you use in marinades or meatloaf, that sort of thing?

If not, do you have something you like on this line that you put into your dishes?

Honored Contributor

I use it any time I am making beef or pork recipe that makes a sauce or gravy.

Honored Contributor

As someone who (ruefully) craves salty things, I really like Worcestershire sauce, and there's always some in the fridge.

There were some ancient commercials in which a voice-over proclaimed "Sizzleburger"!  It showed a hamburger being sauteed deliciously in butter or margarine with a big dollop of Worcestershire splashing into the pan.  I make burgers that way.

It's a must for home-made Chex Mix snack, and we always use more than the recipe calls for.

Meatloaf, as you suggest, is enhanced by it, as are many meat dishes.  Recipes that call for anchovies are a natural for it, although I don't think I've tried making spaghetti alla puttanesca with it yet!  Italian food purists would be correctly outraged at such a misstep...

Trusted Contributor

I like it in goulash, also.  I put it in meatloaf, mix it in with my raw hamburger patties before grilling and will sprinkle some more on when they're done, put it in beef stew and will sprinkle some on a roast beef before baking.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Valued Contributor

I am v8 lover.   I drink it all the time.  Since I've gone to the "low sodium variety", and I miss the "salty" taste, I'll add lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

As someone who (ruefully) craves salty things, I really like Worcestershire sauce, and there's always some in the fridge.

There were some ancient commercials in which a voice-over proclaimed "Sizzleburger"!  It showed a hamburger being sauteed deliciously in butter or margarine with a big dollop of Worcestershire splashing into the pan.  I make burgers that way.

It's a must for home-made Chex Mix snack, and we always use more than the recipe calls for.

Meatloaf, as you suggest, is enhanced by it, as are many meat dishes.  Recipes that call for anchovies are a natural for it, although I don't think I've tried making spaghetti alla puttanesca with it yet!  Italian food purists would be correctly outraged at such a misstep..

Anchovies are in Worcestershire.

https://www.thespruce.com/worcestershire-sauce-ingredients-1808089

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Exactly, IamMrs.G, so when I'm short of anchovy paste, I'll often sneak in some Worcestershire sauce.  But, because it has other ingredients as well, I try to use some discretion in my substitutions!

Honored Contributor

rrpell, I totally forgot about V8 juice.  I doctor mine just like you do yours--  yummy.

Trusted Contributor

Worcestershire sauce - so good that I have 3 different types of it in the house at all times….regular, low sodium, & bold (the thick version).   Love it!!!!  I use it a lot when beef is on the menu but my favorite is for burgers.  I put some in the bottom of a small frying pan, add a little garlic powder, and fry up a burger in it – putting any remaining in the pan on top of the burger like a sauce.  Yum!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

Whenever I make beef stew I always sprinkle a bit of Worcestershire sauce on my portion.