Super Contributor

What is your favorite pressure cooker recipe?

I've dusted off my pressure cooker and I'm ready to go.   I have a stovetop pressure cooker and my induction burner is arriving tomorrow. Good timing,  since it's supposed to be 100° for  a few days.  I would like to make chicken marsala,  pork carnitas and anything else that sounds good.   Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite pressure cooker recipe?

My mother used to take a flank steak, pound it thin.  She'd make dressing using the seasoned croutons, pile it on the steak and roll it up and tie with a couple pieces of twine.  Brown it and cook according to PC direction.  Make gravey with broth.  Very delicious and always a favorite with the family.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have several of the PC cook books from the Q and I have a never had a recipe not turn out!! Not bad for a girl with 0 experience with a PC

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

I've dusted off my pressure cooker and I'm ready to go.   I have a stovetop pressure cooker and my induction burner is arriving tomorrow. Good timing,  since it's supposed to be 100° for  a few days.  I would like to make chicken marsala,  pork carnitas and anything else that sounds good.   Thanks. 

I just re-read your post.  I hope your PC is not cast aluminum like mine because it won't work on an induction burner.  It must have a steel bottom.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

We did the sausage and green peppers and onions in it. Marvelous!!!

Respected Contributor

This was my mom's and her mom's recipe, very old.

Pressure cooker cabbage all in one meals. My grandmother had a really old pressure cooker and   I used that till the seal went and being so old I couldn't replace that seal to finally had to get a another one.

1 very large head of cabbage cut into pieces

2 large onions cut into chunks

4 large carrots sliced thick

2 large potatoes cut into chunks

1 lb. smoked sausage cut into thick slices

1- 10 oz box of fordhook lima beans(the big ones)

1/2 cup low sodium beef broth

layer by starting and ending with the cabbage. I make  two batches so while we are eating one the next will be ready by the time we are ready for it(7 minutes).

Top off the alternating layers with the 1/2 cup beef broth.

Bring to pressure and cook for 7 minutes, no longer or it will get mushy.

I bring my pressure down immediately by running it under cold tap water.

Mine is a stove top pressure cooker.

For the second pot you don't need any extra broth, just use 1/2 cup of the liquid that is left from the first pot unless you need more to make 1/2 cup.

Same instructions as above.

this is a family favorite especially once the cold weather gets here. A real comfort food meal.

Pressure cooker cabbage all in one meal(this was my grandmothers who had a really old pressure cooker I used it till the seal went.  great on a cold winter evening but good anytime, love this.
1 very large head cabbage cut into pieces
1 lb smoked sausage cut into slices
1=10 oz box frozen fordhook lima beans
1/2 cup beef broth
Start and end with cabbage laying in pressure cooker(I make 2 batches from this, eat one while the other is cooking) Top off with 1/2 cup beef broth and Bring to pressure. Cook for 7 minutes, No more or will be mushy. I bring pressure down quickly under cold running tap water. Mine is stove top one.
For second pot you will have broth leftover from first batch so no need to add anymore unless you see it needs it, 1/4 cup maybe, same instructions as above, so very good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Pressure cooker cabbage all in one meal(this was my grandmothers who had a really old pressure cooker I used it till the seal went.  great on a cold winter evening but good anytime, love this.
1 very large head cabbage cut into pieces
1 lb smoked sausage cut into slices
1=10 oz box frozen fordhook lima beans
1/2 cup beef broth
Start and end with cabbage laying in pressure cooker(I make 2 batches from this, eat one while the other is cooking) Top off with 1/2 cup beef broth and Bring to pressure. Cook for 7 minutes, No more or will be mushy. I bring pressure down quickly under cold running tap water. Mine is stove top one.
For second pot you will have broth leftover from first batch so no need to add anymore unless you see it needs it, 1/4 cup maybe, same instructions as above, so very good."

This was posted several times awhile back so I decided to try it!  DELICIOUS!  Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

quite welcome and yes, I posted this many times over the years when anyone asked for a good pressure cooker meal.

this was something my grandmother use to make once a week during the cold winter months and we all enjoyed it as does my family now.

I have made this in a dutch oven pot on the stove top already too and while it was good it didn't have the same flavor as it does made in the pressure cooker.

Honored Contributor

Right now,  my fav recipe is so simple, it's embarrassing----I cook my fresh greens beans in it. It takes 2 minutes and I put them on a metal steamer but season the water with dill and garlic and they come out so good , crisp but not chewy or rubbery. They are prefect for a veggie platter with ranch dressing.  My other fav is a whole chicken and many different soups too. The other day I put my country style pork ribs with the bbq sauce in for 1`0 minutes after I cooked them all day in the crock pot. That was very good too.

Occasional Contributor

I have told my husband ,I told him 'd  cook anything as long as it goes in my pressurer cooker. I love my Ming tsai burner. I have used almost every electric cooker sold. I gave 7 as gifts and should tell you that I went and should all how to use them. I personally have 3 of them.