Honored Contributor

If they are vegetarian and not vegan it should not be too hard.  I think the suggestion to take them shopping is a good one - have in mind what you are thinking of making.  Even better - take them out to eat.  Almost all restaurants have vegetarian options.

Trusted Contributor

For lunch, you could offer them falafel on pita bread with hummus and mixed greens. You can find falafel mix in the middle eastern isle of the supermarket-it's not hard to make. mix it with water, chill, roll into balls and fry.

You can get textured vegetable protein and use it as you would ground beef- tacos, chili, etc.

Seitan is made from wheat gluten-a good substitute for meat.

For a cook out: try veggie kabobs and portabella mushroom caps, (fake burgers).

Occasional Contributor

For lunch, how about the vegetable pot stickers sold on QVC?  I am using those for the vegetarians at an appetizer party I am having. 

Honored Contributor

I am a vegetarian. If asked out I always tell the host. Also I frequently bring my own food. Almost everyone is something these days and it is a difficult task playing host. I think taking them shopping is not a good idea. Looking at some of the menu ideas I think there is too much fruit so make sure your guests can eat a lot of fruit.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I am a vegetarian. If asked out I always tell the host. Also I frequently bring my own food. Almost everyone is something these days and it is a difficult task playing host. I think taking them shopping is not a good idea. Looking at some of the menu ideas I think there is too much fruit so make sure your guests can eat a lot of fruit.

@ncascade wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

My son is vegan in every way, if you know what I mean, my husband and I are meat eaters. When he visits he buys his own food and cooks it himself, problem solved.