Honored Contributor

Re: VITAMIX PEANUT BUTTER QUESTION

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Nightowlz, you are a woman after my own heart! Making a milkshake is such a great way to assist the Vitamix in the cleanup! Heck, I add low calorie almond milk, a teaspoon or two of good cocoa powder and a few drops of chocolate Stevia!!!!

Smiley Happy

My husband laughed at me for buying the Spurtles, but I love them-especially for getting thick foods out of the Vitamix.

I find that sometimes the traditional method of cleaning won't always clean the container, so I hit it with a little white vinegar and clean the sides with a sponge, then run it on high for about a minute. All of the "smokeless" disappears.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 I love the Spurtles. I really like the 2 smaller ones & wish they would sell those as a set. DH thought they were no big deal until he started using them. I have not used them in the Vitamix because I did not want them cut up from the blade. I use a long narrow spatula to get the peanut butter out. I will also wash down the inside with some Dawn & a paper towel. It's not that hard to clean out. I bought 2 more jars of peanuts to make some more. I want another one of those milkshakes & so does DH. LOL!!! DH wants to take some to his parents. His dad won't eat. Trying to find some things he likes that he wil eat. His mom told him his dad did not like her cooking.???

Image result for long narrow spatula

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz, I bought two of those spatulas from Vitamix after looking and searching everywhere for a long-handled RIGID spatula.  The ones I bought from Vitamix just don't cut it for nut butter removal because they are too pliable.

Maybe I need to start running my VM longer when making PB: I wish mine was "runny": I would use a lot less ( hmmm, I like to imagine I would anyway: I am a confirmed PB addict!)

Poodlepet2

PS: I have had no injury to the Spurtle-no scratches, brings or dents!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Nightowlz, I bought two of those spatulas from Vitamix after looking and searching everywhere for a long-handled RIGID spatula.  The ones I bought from Vitamix just don't cut it for nut butter removal because they are too pliable.

Maybe I need to start running my VM longer when making PB: I wish mine was "runny": I would use a lot less ( hmmm, I like to imagine I would anyway: I am a confirmed PB addict!)

Poodlepet2

PS: I have had no injury to the Spurtle-no scratches, brings or dents!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 I think I bought that spatula at Amazon. I love peanut butter too but as I have gotten older I cannot eat it later in the evening.

The peanut butter will get runny if you leave it running because it gets hot eventually. It does make it easier to get out. I store it in the refrigerator.