Trusted Contributor

Hello let me start out by saying Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I have a question. I purchased one package of Turkey Breast Cutlets which there are two and one package of of Turkey Tenders.  I was thinking of cooking in the Oven for about 20-25 minutes. Anyone have any Idea's? Simplicity would be great. Oven Temperatures and Times helpful. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

We go out to Thanksgiving dinner now.  But, the last few years that I cooked dinner at home, I did turkey cutlets.  I had had a turkey roasting disaster one year, and decided no more big turkeys.  Plus, nobody really loves turkey in our family.  We like the side dishes better, lol.

So, here's what I did.  I have an electric pressure cooker, and I cooked them for about 10 minutes, with some chicken broth.  If you don't have a PC, I would just simmer them slowly on the stove top, in chicken broth.  Maybe add a little ground pepper.  Or, do them in a Crock Pot.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

Cooking boneless, skinless turkey in the oven plain would cause it to dry out. 

1: Make a mixture of dijon mustard, a little oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Add turkey to the bowl and coat well. Lay out on an olied pan or baking dish. Sprinkle with some buttered breadcrumbs (optional), bake at 350 about 30 mins. or until internal temp is 165. 

2: Sauté instead of bake. Mix some flour, salt and pepper. Coat turkey pieces. Melt butter and oil in pan, add turkey and cook on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven. Return pan to heat and add some low sodium chicken stock (1 cup?) to deglaze the pan. Reduce by half. Plate turkey and pour reduction over.

3: Turkey Marsala - look up a recipe on line for chicken marsala, sub turkey.

Happy cooking!

Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey Help?

[ Edited ]

@kitty4me  Can't get much easier than what you plan to do with these.  Or, toss in a crockpot if you have one, don't forget to put in a few veggies ie, cut up onion, celery & carrots, water with a chicken bouillon cube to flavor.

ENJOY!

Trusted Contributor

I planned on an oil and herb mixture and then baking it. I just don't want to to dry it out.

Trusted Contributor

Worcestershire sauce, pepper, &  garlic in my crock pot for my big ol' (turkey) breast.  Perfect.

Trusted Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:

Hello let me start out by saying Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I have a question. I purchased one package of Turkey Breast Cutlets which there are two and one package of of Turkey Tenders.  I was thinking of cooking in the Oven for about 20-25 minutes. Anyone have any Idea's? Simplicity would be great. Oven Temperatures and Times helpful. Thanks!

I will post a link to some recipes from the Athens newspaper website. There are some ideas here for cooking turkey cutlets and tenders if you are interested and want to take a look.

There is a recipe there for oven-baked turkey parmesan cutlets.

Here is the link:

http://onlineathens.com/stories/092607/living_20070926041.shtml#.VlYsmlWrTnA

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Toppers. I plan on using my Oven sine I will be making Dressing.

Honored Contributor

I use butter, poultry seasoning, marjorum, and celery seed in a sprayed crock pot!!!  Everyone says it's the best they've tasted!  Thanks to my Grandmother!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I use butter, poultry seasoning, marjorum, and celery seed in a sprayed crock pot!!!  Everyone says it's the best they've tasted!  Thanks to my Grandmother!

@ECBG thank you for this.  I am planning on making a turkey breast in my crock pot for the first time this year and was wondering do you put the breast in breast side up or breast side down? 

Most recipes aren't specific so I would appreciate any help you could provide . . . many thanks!