Honored Contributor

Trader Joe's Frozen Cauliflower Rice

I admit I'm kind of lazy and enjoy making Cauliflower Fried Rice using the frozen cauliflower (saves me the steps of, cutting it into florets and pulsing it). It is actually cheaper as it's $1.79 a bag as opposed to $5 a head at the King Kullen. TJ in my area limits you , 1 bag per person, and you must ask for it! Now I'm not greedy I only want 2 bags, but NOOOO you can only get one. There is no way I can go back to TJ a couple of times a week. I just needed to vent!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Frozen Cauliflower Rice

Only one??? No way!! That's awful!! Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I know this is really not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I just find it annoying.I like to make this once a week, but I don't get there often.

Regular Contributor

I like Trader Joes fresh riced cauliflour better...

Honored Contributor

@lexi wrote:

Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@lexi wrote:

I heard they have this available, but I have never seen it in the store. I'll bet they limit this too. This trend has made cauliflower such a hot commodity!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I admit I'm kind of lazy and enjoy making Cauliflower Fried Rice using the frozen cauliflower (saves me the steps of, cutting it into florets and pulsing it). It is actually cheaper as it's $1.79 a bag as opposed to $5 a head at the King Kullen. TJ in my area limits you , 1 bag per person, and you must ask for it! Now I'm not greedy I only want 2 bags, but NOOOO you can only get one. There is no way I can go back to TJ a couple of times a week. I just needed to vent!

I feel like if they make it so hard to get, it's NOT actually a time saver.

Could you buy regular frozen florets and thaw them overnight in the fridge, then pulse them in the food processor? You still need to pulse them, but you wouldn't have to cut them up and you can buy them at any grocery store without a special trip to TJs.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel like if they make it so hard to get, it's NOT actually a time saver.

Could you buy regular frozen florets and thaw them overnight in the fridge, then pulse them in the food processor? You still need to pulse them, but you wouldn't have to cut them up and you can buy them at any grocery store without a special trip to TJs.

Yes I could do that, but if I have to drag out the food processor, I might as well buy a fresh cauliflower. It's just so much easier using the TJ cauliflower, you can make it last minute with no prep involved. 

Honored Contributor

Can't you ask to speak to a supervisor and plead your case?

Honored Contributor

Never heard of them having limits on things.  I don't go often because they are too far away.  Do you have a Costco?  Last time I was there, I saw organic cauliflower in the frozen section.  It was white, purple and green.  I should have got a bag, but it wasn't on my list!  It will be next time though.