Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello friends .... ouch cookie!! your arm scratch sounds painful, and it is so hard to get mad at something so cute ....

yes walker, wake is Monday and the funeral is on Tuesday ... she (DS MIL) really wasn't sure what she wanted and had no plans decided on at all ... it was kind of hectic for her (and the kids) today when they were planning ... all I can say (from experience)  Pre-planning is a big help ... so glad that your party was a big hit and a new tradition for your family ... how fun!!

We ended up getting snow this morning .... the wet messy kind ... and then rain/snow mix this afternoon ....

See everyone tomorrow ... have a good night!

H ~ Honeydew Melon

I ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Coffee is ready! ☕️  Happy Sunday!

Nothing happy with these boards.....what is up with QVC....get things right and quit changing/messing up the boards!  Arrrrggghh....sorry...early rant.  The boards are slow, still jump around, etc. etc.

OK, let me chill out with a nice cup of coffee and friends!  

Tootie, did your PD miss us yesterday? HA!  They must have been cruising the neighborhood looking for the SCC!

Hope family doing ok and they arranged the funeral, Tootie.  At least planning something, whether in church or at funeral home, gives family closure.....IMO.

Cookie, DS still there?  Bigkat? Kittyfan?  Coffee for all.....

See you later....

I ..... Ice Cream

NEXT ..... J

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... another mild day ... high of 40!! I wonder if we can safely say that Spring is here??

We went to Mass last night so it's time for paper and coffee ... pouring and passing ....

Have a good Sunday ...

I ~ Ice Cream Sunday!!

J ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor

Hi walker!! .... the old revolving door got us ... did we both want ice cream so early?? ... great minds think alike!!

DS said it was so hard for MIL to decide on what to do ... pre-planning makes it so much easier ...

See you later ...

J ~ Jelly/Jam

K ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi Tootie!  I need more coffee to open my eyes!  You came in quietly.  We are both on same wave-length today with ice cream!

Ha, yes, great minds think alike......or, in my case, my mind can't think yet.

You are right about pre-planning funerals....hard to do isn't it?  I think about certain things.  QM wrote a letter, put it away and my brother found it after her funeral.  She mentioned dress she wanted to wear.....didn't, sorry....and....this is funny.....she wanted the Battle Hymn of the Republic played at funeral....that didn't happen either, sorry.  My DD said if I write it down, let her know.  I'll think about it......

More coffee.......join us.....

K ..... Kitchen Sink

NEXT .... L

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I just can't get used to the time change yet. Never was a problem until now.  DS has to go home tomorrow and will be sorely missed by us all.  He is the G'kids favorite uncle.

Planning a funeral is not an easy thing emotionally as well as physically.  I don't envy anyone who has to.  walker, somehow, I don't think QM will mind about the dress and music.  She's got bigger and better things to do now - after all, she IS the Queen Mom.

Nothing on tap here today.  We will be enjoying 84 degrees this afternoon.  Sounds like UB time to me.  Happy Sunday ~

L = Lattes

M is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Beautiful day here today for the last day of winter!!!  Hooray!

I've been to church, finished reading papers, etc., had lunch and need to take a walk......then UB rest of day.  You needed to know all of that didn't you?  HA!

Enjoy the rest of your visit with DS, cookie.  Will SIL grill up another special meal for him?

Bye for now .....enjoy the day!

M .... Mini-Muffins

NEXT .... N

Respected Contributor

Hello ... at least we know you didn't "slack off" walker  LOL ... hope you had a nice walk .... our temps are mild here but it is cloudy ... oh!! walker, like cookie said, I'm sure QM was very happy with everything .... my MIL had a list made of things she wanted for her and her DH ... unfortunately, we never found that paper until after my FIL was buried (and she was buried 2 years before) ... if you do make a list, maybe give it to someone before you leave ....

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon ...

N ~ Nachos

O ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

End of day.....winding down.....I did get my walk in but sun was misleading..thought it was warmer...bit of a cold breeze out there that I did not plan on.  But, it made me walk faster to get home so I guess that is a good thing.

Interesting story about your in-laws, Tootie.  Very true...if you are going to write down some end-of-life plans.....give it to someone....."before you leave".....haha!

Guess I will dim lights for the night......see you tomorrow.

O .... Onions

NEXT .... P

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I'll trade some of your coolness for our 86 degrees walker - Tootie?  Beautiful weather.  Good idea about writing things down Tootie.  Like walker, I am chuckling over "before you leave".  

The Farrier came out yesterday to check out the horses and while here, he performed a miracle.  He was able to get Mudpie to get a bath (he loved it), allow riders and follow some instructions - all by gentle touch and movements.  DD says he's the Horse Whisperer. He has started a training program for the new ones who are apparently worth a lot more than SIL paid for them.

DS left last night to stay over at G'son's because his flight is at 5:45AM this morning.  It was wonderful to have him around.

Passing the coffee ~

P = pancakes this morning

Q is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.