Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ I saw the Asparagus casserole as well and am going to try it with the mashed also.  Sounds delicious.  When my G'son lived with me, we would make different ethnic versions of Sloppy Joes.  We had Sloppy Joses, Sloppy Guiseppes, etc.  Fun times and good eats.

The Tulip sounds beautiful and as Tootie said, quite the tribute to a beautiful lady, QM.

Passing the coffee ~

U = UB's 

V is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone has good day and week.  Our weather will be in 50's today but nice......rain mid-week.  I am on before Tootie?  

If you try the Sloppy Joe Casserole recipe with mashed potatoes on top, let me know.  Somehow it seems like a strange combo to me but who knows til you try it!  I have always used the biscuits.

One week until Halloween and I am craving candy corn.....love it but have had my one bag for season.  Trying to resist buying more and then I see Candy Corn Oreos advertised....oh dear....I am weakening.   What is your favorite Halloween treat?

V...........Vanilla Wafers

NEXT.......W

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends!! ... I forgot we had an early appointment to drop our car off for a recall .... now we just wait for them to call and tell us it is ready!!

walker, the only reason I was thinking of the mashed potatoes on the casserole is because my DM used to make us a dinner which we called "Hamburger Mush" ... hamburger with a beef sauce and we always had it over mashed ... now that I think of it, maybe the Sloppy Joe would be good with biscuits ... hmmmm, big decision now ... I'll have to take a vote with the family ...

We are having a cooler, cloudy day ... high of 49!!

Halloween treat?? .. anything chocolate!! my favorite(s) would be Mr. Goodbar and Butterfingers (in no particular order Woman LOL) ... yum!!  I like candy corn too, but the one with the strip of chocolate ... (can you see a pattern here??)

W ~ White Rice

X,Y or Z ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Oh love candy corn! Oh the tulips. Don't do well here--too hot but beautiful. Shepherds pie calls for mashed potatoes. So I can see that. My mom would make a ground meat dish with a white sauce gravy over mashed potatoes.

Was up and out the door before the sun this morning. So inpatient &$& went around me. I laughed when I got to the top of the hill. Darn school bus had them stopped!!! I don't know why folks are on such a hurry. My road is very narrow and curvy. The school bus picked up my neighbor at 6;45. That is very early went up the road, down next road back around another dead end. Am ending my day with quilting for world relief.

X: Darn auto correct won't let me mention the gum!! Sounds like extra!!
Y: or not
Super Contributor

Good morning!!! Wake up!!

Got to get the kids up and out, then I can come back to chat. Bye for now!!

Y- Yawning...more coffee!!

Z or A is next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ kittyfan, we have a windy, hilly road and those school buses get here now at 6:15am.  Very early to get children started and out.  

I was thinking of using tater tots on top of the Sloppy Joe casserole.  Any way you make it, it is bound to be good.  Now I'm hungry. 

I love Halloween candy - Reeses pb cups - yum.  Tootsie Rolls, all of it. Bring it on!  Thanks for making the coffee bigkat,  pouring and passing.

Z = Zabba as in Abba Zabbas

A is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends .... bigkat, good to see you!! I'm up, I'm up!! thanks for getting the coffee started ...

kittyfan, I laughed at your story about the guy who passed you and got stuck at the school bus ... that's like the person who passes you and then a little ways down the road you see them stopped by the troopers!! ... I say "they are trying to get nowhere fast" ...

walker, I saw on the news that the World Series games start tonight ... so excited for you!! lots of "electricity" in your city!!

cookie, I had to google the Abba Zabbas ... taffy with peanut butter ... sounds delicious!!

DH is off today and we are going to try get the rest of our spring/summer things put away ... and "the next season"  Woman Surprised things out ...

Have a good day .... pouring and passing ...

B ~ Banana Bread with chocolate chips!!

C ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Great to get started with everyone checking in here.  Thanks for opening the kitchen, bigkat.  Now to wake up our brains with coffee and get going.

I had to chuckle at the story too, kittyfan.  Guess it happens to all of us.  DH usually says "we will meet them at the light" and sure enough they have to stop.  Best experience though is what Tootie mentioned about seeing trooper pull them over.  We saw that this summer.....seeing lights after the racing idiot.....just have to laugh!

Oh, peanut butter cups.....me too, cookie, yum! Thanks for googling Abba Zabbas, Tootie, I needed to know too. I did cave yesterday and bought a package of those candy corn Oreos...yum.  DH loved them too.  I quickly put some in bag for a friend who also loves candy corn....got those out of here.....rest are about gone.   

GO CUBS!  Big excitement in town!  Of course, I will root for Cubs but happy for Cleveland Indians too.  Both teams have not been in the championship since 40's.

Happy Tuesday to all!  See you later.  Oh, and again GO CUBS!

C.........Cubs Win Tonight (I hope) OR Chocolate Pudding!

NEXT.......D

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made it back! Where does the morning go??

Chilly day, had frost on the pumpkins again. Sun is out and the colors are starting to change. Windy, rainy and colder tomorrow.

Love peanut butter cups here too. Never tried candy corn Oreos...my kids would probably devour a bag.

Tulips for QM,  how wonderful! I will think of her when I see pink ones in the spring...love pink ones!!

We started working on closets over the weekend.DH and I don't work well on it together! He likes to throw away/ get rid of as much as possible...I like to hang on to things I might need later. The kids have learned to watch him go through stuff...he's good at throwing away toy parts and things that are special to them that he doesn't know a thing about.

I will have to check out the recipes you are talking about. Growing up my mom and DHs mom made what they called "Russian F-l-u-f-f". We can't find recipes for it, but it had ground beef, peas, we think rice(these were layered) and tomato sauce/soup over it and it was topped with mashed potatoes, we really liked it.

Biscuits or tater tots on the sloppy joe sounds good!

Tootie, sorry to hear about the plumbing issues! My mom has had root problems as long as I can remember...interesting about roots! She seems to have the basement back-up on weekends and holidays...when you don't want to pay a plumber!

Good luck Cubs!!

D- Dumplings

E is up!

Respected Contributor

Hello ... it ended up being a cool but sunny day!!  We didn't get the rest of our things put away ... we may need a Put Tooties Patio and Garden Things Away BAT ...

We took a bike ride this afternoon, but we didn't get very far as it was very windy ... not fun for riding!!

Have fun watching your game walker!! GO CUBS!!

Have a good night .....

E ~ Extra Large Eggs

F ~ NEXT