Honored Contributor

Hey, bigkat, was just logging on to check on other cookbooks by Christy Jordan.  DH left house and I quickly tuned into David's show......just in time for her!  Nice gal.....looks like yummy sweets so I was interested in her other books.  I love different cookbooks....have too many!!

Good wrapping idea, bigkat.   Question to everyone.....if Santa brings gifts.....or when he did......does Santa wrap his presents?

Santa at my house did not wrap those gifts......he left them under tree and around room.  I am finding more people say they wrap everything.  Sure saved me some time and paper.

OK.....cookie, sorry about Christmas talk...it's Tootie's fault...LOL.....let's not make it come too quick!!!

I probably will be like a kid before Christmas (OOPS I said it again)...........won't sleep good because I can't wait to get up and fix coffee in my new coffee maker.   HA!!!!!  I need a life! 

See you in morning.......💤💤 til ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️ time!

A............Apple Brownies

NEXT.....B

Super Contributor

I love cookbooks too...my mom has a lot! I do tend to barrow from her sometimes. Christy is a neat Southern Christian  girl, I enjoy her newsletter.

DH and I were not brought up with"santa", but somehow we started it with our kids. I usually wrap or have something in a bag for them. One year we had a sled, so that was not wrapped, just leaning against the fireplace. Kind of one of those things, once you start it you need to do it every year!

B - Brew that coffee walker!!

C is up!

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Just got back from our dinner ... had a great time and was so glad my niece was able to come home for a visit ... she will be back home again at Christmas time ...

I have so many cookbooks too!! but most of the time now I just use the computer to hunt one down (unless I have a favorite one written down)

since I got you started on shopping ... you ladies will thank me when when you have ALL of your Christmas shopping done by the end of the month!! Woman Very Happy ...

walker, when Santa left presents they were always wrapped ... but "he" used a different wrap than mom and dad!! ... bigger gifts were not wrapped, unless we could find a big bag ...

See you tomorrow .... waiting for the coffee from the new pot ...

C ~ Coffee to go with Christmas Cookies ... Woman LOL

D ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  I really do miss the Christmas's with the little kids - they made it so much fun!  It was a whole lot easier giving them gifts than the adults.  

I also have many cookbooks, most of which, were my mothers or G'mothers.  They are packed away in storage along with many files of written ones.  I also use the internet and save them to print as needed.

Glad you enjoyed your neice's visit and how nice she will be back for Christmas.   Yes, Tootie, we will all be thanking you IF we get our shopping done by the end of the month.  We will honor you appropriatelySmiley LOL

Time to pass the coffee ~  

D = Decorated Christmas Cookies 

E is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! .... a rainy 56 degree morning ... clearing this afternoon and our high is right where we are now ... 56!!

No big plans for today ...

Have a good day ... thanks cookie, pouring and passing ... am anxiously waiting for coffee from walkers new pot ...

E ~ Electric Tea Kettle

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

☕️ is on!!!  I woke up at 4:30 thinking about coffee and thought....'you are nuts'!  Went back to sleep for a couple hours.  Like a kid with new toy I made the coffee.  So what was I expecting.......the greatest cup of coffee on earth???  HA!  It is hot and it is coffee but did not make me go WOW!  Happy the coffee maker did not leak!  Tomorrow I will try the bold setting as I like it strong.  I am going to try different coffees to see what seems best too.  ☕️☕️☕️☕️ crazy! 

It is very chilly here too....high of 56.  I have a few chores to do and later meet my Three Amigos after school.  I am taking them ice cream sandwiches that they love.  Last time I met them, they got off of bus and said "did you bring us a treat?"  I said yes and they ran for the house.  I walked in and they were all standing looking into the freezer....so funny.....disappointed faces.  That day I only brought cookies.

Tootie, nice you had a fun visit with niece.  That is not a short trip to make from AZ so nice she can return for holidays.  (Tried not to mention Christmas, cookie, OOOPS! 😀)

OK, can't make it on coffee alone...time for breakfast!

Happy Thursday!

F...........French Toast would be nice.....

NEXT....G

Respected Contributor
Ho Ho Ho---working seasonal at the thrift store I am seeing red! Yesterday I was thinking I was to the bottom of a bucket and the ladies bring three more! But I love these ladies--some of my favorite group I have seen some lovely things and some duds!

Love cookbooks.

Fighting with my computer. Didn't want windows 10. Could navigate on the old but alas have word 2016 now. Hard to get from ATo B. Last night I went to print. No go. Cables secure. This morning got up. Printer set as default. Unplugged all cables and plugged them in varied spots. Worked. Thank goodness. Hate tech issues. I am the IT person. Didn't want to have to drag them in to be told they work perfectly.

Need to go in for an oil change. Another chore I dislike but I must.

G: grape jelly.

H: next
Honored Contributor

Hi kittyfan! Good to hear from you.  It is nice that you are working with people you enjoy and on something for good cause.   Keep that HOHO spirit a couple more months!!  Our computer automatically updated too and now we have some of the same issues.  So annoying!!!  Why do they have to have so many updates!!!!  

Got to go .......see you all later.

H.......Honey

NEXT.....I

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi kittyfan ... glad you popped in!! you are one busy lady, doing what you enjoy!! good for you!! HO HO HO, we were just discussing how it is creeping up on us ...

DH's computer update ended up taking hours and he had to do some "disconnecting and re-connecting" too!! ... why can't they just make things easy??

walker, did you have much homework??  Woman Wink

I ~ Ice Cream Sandwiches .. for the Amigos ... did they like them??

J ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi there, Tootie........whew, what an afternoon......boys loved their ice cream sandwich treats!!!   Then the homework....ugh!   Then we discovered dog had an accident (messy) in house...UGH!  

Had to get that cleaned up......oh dear, have had dogs and that happens.   She is a great dog but showing signs of age.  She is so cute greeting boys when they get off bus....."her boys are home"!

Any surprise grandma came home and had her medicine!!???

See you tomorrow....guess I will turn out lights......click! 🌙💤

J...........Jello

NEXT.......K