Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Back to normal here - whatever "normal" is. The little puppy still has no name - nothing seems to stick.  It will come in time.

G'son had several of his friends over to watch football and one of them, G'son's GF's cousin, bought the ingredients and made a delicious dip - cream cheese, black beans, salsa, cheese ad maybe something else and baked it.  OMG good.  Very impressed with him.  One brought his 2 Blue Heelers, so we were in Heeler heaven.  SIL grilled chicken, etc.  How nice to have such nice young people around!  

Another warm day - again!  Passing the coffee ~

H = Habanero chili peppers

I is next

PS:  I have seen RR's Garbage bowl, but to pay for something that you could sub with almost anything - no thanks!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! ... yum cookie!! that dip sounds delicious ... your family and friends  could really have their own cooking show!!

We ended up meeting family at a local "diner" type restaurant last night ... they serve great "comfort foods" ... enjoyed visiting with family/friends ...

walker, hope you are enjoying your company ...

Hi to kittyfan and bigkat ...

Have a good Monday ... catch up day for me ... pouring and passing ...

I ~ Icelandic Haddock

J ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good morning ladies. Worked all last week at thrift store including an extra evening. Yesterday was our church bazaar. So another long HOT day. They use this event to raise money to retire a portion of the building note. I. Am thinking it was not well attended at all. Lots of work and costs involved. Will see what happens. So much competition. Every weekend at least one or two in the area. I worked my area. Everyone was to bake multiple cakes. I went to grocery to buy angel food cakes. No way did I have the energy or time.

My PC is in shop. Posting on my phone! Need to see if it is ready. Had to order a hard drive. At least they were able to save my files.

J: jam

K: next
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon Friends!

Our friends left this morning after a non-stop busy weekend.  We had a lot of fun including time with our kids and grandkids here.  We have been friends for many years.......she and I go way back....age 2...grew up across the street from each other.  Lifetime friends that continued as couples after we each got married. Friendship is a Special Blessing!

Tootie, glad you are now better and able to get out for dinner.  And, I agree with cookie on the garbage bowl.....why pay money for that?   I prep near my sink so I use that, trash can or plastic bag to collect peels, etc.  I always laugh when I see the RR Garbage Bowl being sold.......more $$$$$ for Rachel.....and those that buy it just threw their money in garbage...HA!

Cookie, is there a recipe for that dip?  Yum!  Love dips!  Made one this weekend that everyone loved.....Beer Cheese Dip.....2 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix and 6 oz. beer.  Mix well and refrigerate.  Serve with square pretzels or wheat thins.

Kittyfan, hope something good came out of the sale with all your hard work.  PC back and good as new now?

Bigkat.....where are you?

Bye for now........UB time.....tired from weekend.

K.........Kitchen Table

NEXT.....L

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  walker, your recipe sounds delicious!  I was able to get somewhat of a recipe for the dip 

1 8oz cream cheese

1 can black beans drained

1 medium jar salsa or more 

2C or more shredded cheddar/jack or your choice (pepper jack yum)

Layer in a 9x13 pan and bake about 15-20 mins 

We made this last night and added some leftover SIL's grilled chicken. Served over rice - YUMMMM.   You can add anything else you wantt.  Next time, we'll try olives.

Aren't lifelong friends great?  Mine lives in CA and we have been BFF's for 64 years.  She would fit right in with us crazies!  Glad you're back to your "normal" self, Tootie.  kittyfan, you are busy!  

Another very warm day today.  Passing the coffee ~

L = Life's little pleasures or Lemonade

M is next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! ... walker and cookie, dip recipes sound soooo good!! the possibilites are endless ...

walker, glad you had a good visit with your friends ... (besties are the best!!)

We are having some great weather .... sunny and 75-80 all week long with a small chance of rain on Friday and then more sun for the weekend ... I want to clean up the gardens and get my Fall decorations out this weekend and it looks like the weather will cooperate!! ...

Oh, I just had a great idea!! would the SCC be willing to help with the gardening at BAT?? We could have a "Welcome Fall" BAT?? and if anyone else needs help with their garden/decorations we could jet over and get that done too ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ...

M ~ Marmalade ... not a fan.

N ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Thanks for the dip recipe, cookie.  I will keep that on hand to try.

I could skip dinner and just make a meal out of dips and other appetizers.  By the way, I have not tried the cornbread salad yet but I will.

Tootie, great idea.....Welcome Fall 🍁🍂 BAT....bring in the mums!  Anything new on flipper's house?  New neighbor's yet?  SCC would love to welcome them......😀.

Happy Tuesday!

N..........Nutmeg

NEXT.....O

Respected Contributor

Hello ... I think the flipper has flown the coop!! last DH and I talked with him (which was 2 weeks ago) he said "in case I don't make it back here will you bring the garbage tote in the yard for me??" we did and he hasn't been back since. I know he had words with the owner about not being paid so that might be why.  (Oh no!! could our decorating have had anything to do with that?? Woman LOL) So, as of right now the house is still empty, but we have seen some people looking at it.

Hope everyone is having a good day ...

O ~ Onion Powder

P ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hey, Tootie, interesting on the missing Mr. Flipper!  Too bad about problems but could not have been our special decorating!!!  It was sooooo "earthy" and lovely!  Maybe we can add a few nice Fall touches to the outside while we are gardening.  We want you to get good neighbors!  Your neighbors will be our neighbors!! LOL!

All for today.......til tomorrow......good night!

P.......Peas 

Q......Queen is turning out the lights 💡in Kitchen....💤

NEXT.......R

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  A wonderful idea for BAT!  I can supply the fertilizer if needed - hahaha!  Who better than SCC landscapers?  We are so mullti-talented!  bigkat can install some pathway lights and perhaps a searchlight on the roof?  Everyone needs to view our talents, don't they?

I guess I am the official puppy-sitter.  She is so very good, but has discovered just how big the back yard is and hopefully she doesn't discover the back 40 where the grasses/weeds are so tall I can't see the big dogs.  It is also pretty - covered with yellow flowers/wees (not mustard).  

Passing the coffee ~

R = Real talented group we are or Rum

S is next