Valued Contributor

Good morning and Happy 4th!  walker, I hope the weather is cool enough for your community walk/run.  Sounds like a fun day for everyone.  DD and SIL are going to an event this afternoon/evening and I am staying home in peace and quiet.  I have seen enough fireworks to last me forever  As a kid, we lived close to the Rose Bowl and went up to the roof and watched the displays.  

Celebrate safely ~

K = Kahlua

L is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Good morning all
It will be toast here. Fireworks started Saturday. Venue close was advertising professionals fireworks could see the color in the sky but nothing else. Heard booms and then the grand finale booms sent my Mr Boodles into a frenzy he does not like them. Then the neighbors started. Heard some last night. Hoping it is not a repeat of last year with a week

K: kitchen.

L: next
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Happy July 4th Everyone!  🇺🇸

It was a fun and busy morning here!  Now I am dragging!  But, that is ok as I am done for the day.  DH can grill dinner.  We went to the annual community run/walk which is always a fun event.  We have been doing it for years.  Weather was cloudy and cool....very unusual for July 4th. DH, DD, SIL, DIL and four of the five grandchildren did the run. Kids was a short fun run.....I could have tried that one....ha!   Then we had 15 back here for brunch.

No fireworks tonight for me either although I will hear them all around.  We will watch the July 4th programs on TV tonight....always good.

Tootie, do you grill at your picnic and/or does everyone bring food?  Always delicious when people bring out their best dishes to share.

Cookie, enjoy your peace and quiet.  Kittyfan, good luck with Mr. Boodles tonight.....more booming!

See you tomorrow.........hope you are enjoying a nice day.

L...........Lemonade

NEXT.....M

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello .... walker, glad that you had a good time at the run/walk and then at your brunch ... kudos to those who walked or ran!! 

We do grill at our picnic ... everyone brings what they/their family likes to grill and then a dish to share .... years ago, we started out by my family bringing all the hot dogs/hamburgers ... but then ran into a "snag" when certain family members didn't "like that brand" ... so I fixed that real quick and had each family bring what they wanted plus the dish to share .... works out good ...

DH and I are going to fireworks at a local park tonight ... DB will be joining us ... we park in a parking lot and party there ...we actually have a great view of the fireworks!! ... and also have a quick getaway when they are done!! ... I hate fighting the traffic .... DD, DS/DIL and their friends went later this afternoon for a picnic by the water where they also shoot off fireworks!!

Have a good night everyone ...

M ~ Monkey Bread

N ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Time to say...good night.........

Tootie, sounds like you had a good plan for the family picnic.

Hope everyone enjoyed any July 4th celebrations they had ....fun and fireworks!  Celebrations.....any kind!

M for Monkey Bread was perfect, Tootie.......a favorite, and especially with young ones.......we had it at our brunch today.

N...............Nutmeg

NEXT........O

Valued Contributor

Happy day after~  kittyfan, I feel for your Mr. Boodles.  Luckily, none of my animals have ever been scared.  I actually heard a couple of booming noises from far away, but all in all - very quiet.  Tootie, what a great way to settle your pot luck problems!  

Now back to normal - us normal?  Changing linens this morning and Ozzie is not pleased.  He only likes to help when I put the clean ones on!  Lumps that move!  Coffee time, passing the pot. . . .

O = Orange juice

P is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! ... fireworks were just OK this year ... not sure why ... it was a little breezy (but not that bad) but a lot of the fireworks only went up half-way and then fizzled out ...

walker, monkey bread is a favorite here too!! and perfect for little hands!!

cookie, one lump or two?? LOL about Ozzie ...

kittyfan, hope that Mr. Boodles made out alright last night ...

bigkat, hope you had a good Fourth ...

Have a good day .... thanks for the coffee cookie ... passing it on ...

P ~ Peppermint Patties

Q ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Neighbors had lots of cars. Boomers went well past eleven! I stayed close but one time I left the room. mrBoodles was very upset. My across the road neighbors have a German Shephard who doesn't do well. She doesn't hesitate to call. Don't know if she did

O: oven fries

P: next
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Warm and Humid here......A/C day!   Busy day ahead too as I get ready to head off for wedding weekend and then vacation.  I will check in when I can......and maybe even detour over for the Garage Building BAT.  ✈️  🔨

Love your "us normal?" comment, cookie!  Normal is too boring...ha!  😀

Have a good day....and....remember it is Tuesday.....seems like a Monday, right?

Q.........Quick-Cooking Oatmeal 

NEXT............R

Respected Contributor
Oops. Must have been addled by all the thunder boomers!!! Enjoy your wedding event and vacation!!

R: relish

S: next