Super Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

I hear ya Kitty, I've had the same issues off and on.

We finally got a little rain, we needed it.

I have had a lot of scam calls lately, look out for those! I just had one from Texas(Cookie??!!) that said they were the IRS and it was our final notice before a law suit is filed! Sadly someone will call them back. Yesterday it was a senior scam going around, and a leukemia scam. I always google the numbers to see who is calling and then find all the complaints.

J-Jalapeno Popper Dip

K is next

Respected Contributor

Hi .... those scam calls are so annoying ... and we are on the "Do Not Call List" ... does one even exist?? ...

We had a rainy rainy day ... we need it too!! and we are expecting more rain tomorrow ...

walker, how did your burn heal up??

K ~ Kraft Dressing

L ~ NEXT

Super Contributor

Hey Tootie! We're on that list too, seems to work at first and then they get around it.

Yes walker, how is that burn? Inquiring minds want to know!

Have a good night!!

L- Lemon Vinegrette

M is next

Honored Contributor

Checking in and checking out....someone has to turn out lights here, right?  Ok, my turn tonight.

Bigkat and Tootie you are so right on these annoying calls.  We are, supposedly, on a do not call list too.  I probably get more of those calls than any others.  Thank heavens for Caller I.D.!  I don't answer anything anymore that I don't recognize.  But, the callers are getting so clever with use of cell phones, etc.  So, now we think...oh, it is a cell phone call...maybe I should answer....wrong!

Tootie, thanks for asking about my burn.  Funny you ask as I finally got some response from McD's.   My burn is just getting better after one week.  I received a call from the McD's store manager about the incident.  She said .."what can we do? " I told her "nothing necessary, I just want you to remind/train employees on importance of securing those coffee lids. I want to prevent this from happening to others."  No mention has been made of "hot coffee"...probably because McD's has had issues about that before.   Yesterday I received a letter apologizing for "the incident" and sent me four coupons for free breakfast sandwich.  Nice, eh?  Well, "only REDEEMABLE" in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa!!!  HA!!!!  (Happened in Wisconsin). I told them I was travelling through the area.  Thanks a lot, Ronald! Given a choice, I will bypass McD's in future.  I will also always check my lids!!

Lights out......good night all!

L.....Lipton Onion Soup Mix

NEXT....M

Honored Contributor

Hi bigkat....thanks too for thinking of my burn.....not a pretty picture....could have gotten more than four useless coupons out of it.  Oh well, wasn't intentional....just new trainee on job.  

Lights out?

M.......Mixed Nuts

NEXT....N

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Glad your burn is healing walker.  I wonder if McD's will really mention checking the lids in a safety meeting for employees?  

Today is the day for my vein procedure - endovenous (sp) ablation.  I have to rest for at least 48 hours afterwards.  I'm not sure if I can swing that (ha ha).  UB time bonus!!!  

bigkat, a scam? From TX?  We do not answer our landline as it is only for internet.  My new smart phone has a great feature where you can reject a call and send it to VM.  Then you can delete at will. 

N = Nilla vanilla waferrs

O is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone .... cookie, I will be thinking of you as you go through your procedure ... and to think that you will be forced to rest for 48 hours Woman Very Happy ... hope all goes well!!

walker, glad to hear that your burn is healing .... with your unuseable certificates, I see you have two choices ... we pay a "visit" to that McD's or "sold" to the highest bidder!! LOL .... really though, glad that you weren't burned worse ... I do hope that they bring that matter up to their employees ... we never go to McD's, but will still always think of checking those lids (anywhere)

More rain today ... high of 60 today!!

O ~ Ove Glove

P ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Last day of September....wow!   Cookie, best wishes to you with the vein procedure!  Rest, rest after......guilt-free UBs!

Sun is shining after a cloudy day yesterday.  Errands to do so better get going.

P.........Peanut Brittle

NEXT......Q....Queen's Quiche

NEXT NEXT.......R

Valued Contributor

Hello ladies ~ I have a question from my DD.  She will be starting Tamoxifen soon and has read the literature given to her by her doc and the pharmacy, but is interested in other opinions regarding side affects.  I know a few of you have gone through BC, and would appreciate any notable issues you may have had.  If this is too personal, I can certainly understand.  Thank you.

R = radiation - DD will not be getting it

S is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Cookie. Glad you had your procedure. Hope it was successful. I have a DVT history so I know about vein issues. I finally got a wound on my leg yo begin healing.

I don't know anything about the meds. Any med has side effects. Wise of her to research.

S: soup

T: next