Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It is COLD out there! I was reading that some areas of Canada are actually colder than the surface of Mars! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Please pray for the poor animals who are out in this (those who weren't designed for such cold), and the homeless, and those who can't afford heat....

Hey Kathy, looks like there's a whole new meaning to "Rocky Mountain HIGH" huh? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I = Ice cream

J =

Super Contributor

Tootie, glad you made it safely home! We didn't want to send QA out to find you!

FHG, I can't imagine how cold it gets in Canada!

Walker, don't know if you have been to Fifth Third Ball Park, but part of it burned and they are still trying to keep the fire out. The fire fighters are having a hard time with the cold temp's, they say they are covered in ice, and buses are being sent out to keep them warm.

J-Jasmine Rice

K is next

Honored Contributor
Bigkat.....too bad about that fire at Fifth Third Ball Park......I have never been there....can't imagine how difficult is to fight a fire in such cold temps. FHG....laughing at use of term "" Rocky Mountain High"".....and Tootie....just got hair cut myself and always feel like I lose weight at same time...HA....it should be so easy. I went to grocery store and bought so much food I think I can hibernate now! Big decision....what to make for dinner from all my choices....ha. ....K.......Kosher Dill Pickles.....NEXT.......L
Super Contributor

We lost our sunshine, rather dark and gloomy now, but hey it is 15 degrees!

With all the haircuts, I feel I need one! I would love to get one, but I'm trying to grow out layers and I have thick hair that does not look well in the process! I am happy that I can finally put it ALL in a ponytail. Keep the scissors away from me!!!

L-Lobster Bisque

M is next

Respected Contributor

Oh, those poor fireman fighting a fire in that weather!! I am cold just thinking about them covered in ice .... Hope everyone stays safe!!

bigkat ... I wear my hair short and usually go every 6 weeks to get it cut .... this time it was 7 weeks and getting (what I consider) long .... I couldn't stand it ... thought about maybe letting it grow a little bit, but that in-between stage would drive me crazy .... glad you can keep yours up while in the process of letting the layers grow out!!

FHG .... I laughed at your Rocky Mountain High comment too .....

walker .... decisions, decisions for dinner .... always a chore to decide!!

M ~ Minestrone Soup

N ~ NEXT

Super Contributor

Hi! Good afternoon. Tootie15, glad you made it home safe. Barney (the dog) and I were ready to come help find you. Speaking of Barney, he managed to kill his first bird this morning!!! DH found out where he buried it at and it is now in the garbage pail!! (Grr)

On the issue of "Rocky Mountain High" not thrilled. Several families have moved here with children that have a need for "medicinal marajuana". My concern is for the person that will be using it "for recreational purposes" and drive impaired.

Just turned on the weather channel and they said it was -21 degrees in Boston!!! I agree with a FF to warm weather.

N = Noodle Hamburger Dish

O is next

Noodle Hamburger Page 181 Fix It and Forget It Pink Cookbook. Best slow cooker size 4 to 5 quart.

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained

1 green pepper, diced

1 qt. whole tomatoes

10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup

1 large onion, diced

1 1/2 TBS Worcestershire sauce

8 oz. pkg. noodles, uncooked

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High 3-4 hours. Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with shredded cheese before serving.

Honored Contributor
Good Evening...or..Good Night Friends......I decided on my stuffed chicken breasts for dinner (have great meat dept that makes them) ....tomorrow will be my beef stew .......this weather just makes me want to stay under a blanket! Kathy....sorry about Barney and the bird.....I had a hawk parked in my backyard yesterday looking for same ...could not scare off. Stay warm everyone til we jet off again next week.....and, don't worry, be happy! .....O.....Onions....NEXT........P
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Good morning ladies ~ I hope everyone is warm. It seems to be cold all over! We will reach 65 today. Yesterday morning, I actually turned on the heater in the car - it was 31 which seems like a heat wave to our Northern/Midwestern friends. What is with all the haircuts? We all must be on the same timetable! Stay warm and safe everyone ~

P = pot stickers

Q is next - get up Queen, this one is yours!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning cookie and to anyone else awake ..... It is 16 now and we will go up to our heatwave of 31 today..... They are calling for more snow over the weekend ... 4 - 8 inches... It's winter, what do I expect?? I really don't mind it, I've lived here all my life....it's just too cold, and too snowy ... too soon in the season ...

We had to get a new battery for my DM's car last night. She had some errands to run yesterday and her car battery was dead!! DH was able to get it started and took it over for the new battery....luckily, the place where he bought it, installed them for free, so DH didn't have to be out in that bitter cold temperature of 5 working on her car!!

OK, Queen ... are you there?? ..... I'll take the Q ...Wink

Q ~ Quince

R ~ NEXT

Have a good day my friends .....

Honored Contributor
Good Morning Friends! Queen is out of royal bed.....although tempting to stay put.......winter is still here....darn! You know.....we only want to see time fly in the winter! We are one day closer to spring.....watch for those tulips.....any day now....HA! OK, enough of my nonsense.....have a nice Saturday! R........Rye Bread.......NEXT.......S