1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese...grated

1 egg

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon oregano

1 (15 ounce)  jar spaghetti sauce..or equivalent        

homemade sauce

4 ounces Mozzarella cheese...shredded

Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and oregano. Cut each noodle in half so you have 2 wide short noodles, NOT 2 long thin ones. Spread each half noodle with the cheese mixture. Roll up each noodle. In a grease pan, pour some sauce, then arrange roll ups in the pan. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on the top. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or til hot and bubbly.

***I have added cooked, drained ground beef to the sauce mixture and it turned out fine.***

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three Cheese Lasagna Rolls

@LilBitMissty .... thanks for this recipe!!!!! .... It sounds so good & I can't wait to try it ..... I guess we could also use eggplant slices in place of the pasta noodles!!!!

Honored Contributor

We love lasagna roll-ups.

Valued Contributor

I have made this, so good!!

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty

YUM!!!!! Looks easy too!!!

Thanks for posting LBM!

P.S. can I move next door to you? I love leftovers LOL!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty

Thanks for sharing and so good to see you with us again!  This will make the fam. happy! 

@Britbrit13

Good to see you posting again also!  Hope all is well!

Valued Contributor

This is a "frillier" version of manicotti -- manicotti being smooth, lasagna having curly edges.  Both delicious if you ask me.  I'll eat them any day!

Trusted Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

This is a "frillier" version of manicotti -- manicotti being smooth, lasagna having curly edges.  Both delicious if you ask me.  I'll eat them any day!

I always thought manicotti are large tube shaped pasta noodles??  I never made them but have made lasagne and also stuffed shells.  Love the rollup recipe.  thanks so much for posting!

Valued Contributor

@NJgirl 1205, correct, manicotti are slightly different in shape, but they are rolled up, and the filling is basically the same as the lasagna roll ups here.  (The optional ingredient for us is the egg.  I know a lot of people add egg to their lasagna filling, but I don't add them to my lasagna.).  I buy fresh manicotti hand made by an Italian deli in my neighborhood.  They don't use tubular pasta.  Instead they make their own pasta dough and shape it into flat discs like a tortilla, add the filling, and roll them up.  Eggs are not listed in the ingredient label.  I add my own home-made red sauce.  When I was growing up, tubular pasta really didn't exist, at least in my neighborhood, so I've never had them.  They're a time saver, and I'm sure they're just as delicious!

Trusted Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@NJgirl 1205, correct, manicotti are slightly different in shape, but they are rolled up, and the filling is basically the same as the lasagna roll ups here.  (The optional ingredient for us is the egg.  I know a lot of people add egg to their lasagna filling, but I don't add them to my lasagna.).  I buy fresh manicotti hand made by an Italian deli in my neighborhood.  They don't use tubular pasta.  Instead they make their own pasta dough and shape it into flat discs like a tortilla, add the filling, and roll them up.  Eggs are not listed in the ingredient label.  I add my own home-made red sauce.  When I was growing up, tubular pasta really didn't exist, at least in my neighborhood, so I've never had them.  They're a time saver, and I'm sure they're just as delicious!

Brooklynny,  interesting about the egg.  I never add it to my lasagna but then again I am not Italian:-)  I never made any but the fresh manicotti sounds.delicous!