Respected Contributor

Re: The 1 ingredient that stops you from reading the rest of the recipe?

Offal

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I stop short at - 

• mayonnaise
  • sour cream
  • buttermilk
  • cream of <whatever> soup
  • cool whip
  • yogurt
  • margarine (well, that one - if the rest is appealing I would just use butter)

Eggs actually gross me out a LOT, but I'll use them in baking - something where it disappears into the recipe.  BUT, I do have to remove that gross white thing in the egg before putting it into the ingredients.  gack!

@chickenbutt

OH!MY!GOSH!  That *thing-y* is disfreakingdisgusting.

There's a name for it.  Scapula?  Spatula?  Make me gagula. 

Ugh.

Eggs, that was the beginning of the end for me.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Offal

off to google!

Honored Contributor

Lucky charm wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

I stop short at - 

• mayonnaise
  • sour cream
  • buttermilk
  • cool whip
  • yogurt

Eggs actually gross me out a LOT, but I'll use them in baking - something where it disappears into the recipe.  BUT, I do have to remove that gross white thing in the egg before putting it into the ingredients.  gack!

@chickenbutt

Ugh.

Hahaha!  I know, right?   Gagula - good one.  Smiley Happy

I got this little gadget from Amazon, a few years ago, called 'Tid-ee Egg'.  It's super helpful for this exact task.  It has these tiny little teeth (it's just plastic) and you grip that thing and pull it out.  Got a spare, just in case.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm and @chickenbutt  You ladies are cracking me up (pun intended) with your dislike of eggs and the white thingy.  LOL  

I eat my eggs scrambled so I just whip whip them up and the white thingy disappears in the mix.  (Sorry if I have you two gagging!)  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Citrine2 wrote:

@Lucky charm and @chickenbutt  You ladies are cracking me up (pun intended) with your dislike of eggs and the white thingy.  LOL  

I eat my eggs scrambled so I just whip whip them up and the white thingy disappears in the mix.  (Sorry if I have you two gagging!)  Woman LOL

Eww!  Nothing personal, as I like you - but eww!  hehe - I have made egg dishes for others (I can do that as long as it's not egg salad - THE grossest thing on the entire planet) but even after cooked, or even baked into a cakey or bready type thing, I will see them in there.   It's probably why I am hesitant to purchase baked goods or eat baked goods made by anybody other than myself.

I know - I'm extremely food-neurotic.  I always admit that.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

MUSHROOMS and OLIVES......although i know in some recipes they can be taken out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I stop short at - 

• mayonnaise
  • sour cream
  • buttermilk
  • cool whip
  • yogurt

@chickenbutt

Ugh.

there was an entire thread on here once about the CHALAZA. now i will never forget that name. LOL, but it doesnt bother me at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Guess we won't have too many takers for a mushroom frittata with tapenade. The more for the rest of us, heh heh.

I just finished a supper of scrambled eggs, and you ladies don't know what you're missing. Fresh eggs, a bit of cream or half and half, sweet butter in the pan--cooked slowly, nothing to touch it.

I never put a recipe down without reading to the end, because you never know what you might learn. But I'll pass on preparing or eating anything with kidneys, because of their function, and brains, because they spoil quite easily. Rarely touch liver, also because of its job in life. Anything involving stewing lamb, or mutton in any form, is also a no go. I am allergic to oranges and really hate orange in savories, so unless I can substitute lemon, will never make any main dish l'orange. I'm not keen on handling asafoetida or fish sauce, but I have no problems with tongue.

Honored Contributor

Mushrooms and anchovies or sardines.  I don't eat these things. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment