Honored Contributor

TURKEY LEFTOVERS ...

[ Edited ]

Other than great sandwiches, what do you do with leftovers?     Soups?   Casseroles?    

What gets raves at your house?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Here is a recipe for Turkey Mornay:

turkey p 3.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I wisk in some chicken broth into my leftover butternut squash, and make soup. I add some

cumin and maybe extra pepper, and that's lunch today. With a turkey sandwich of course.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 that recipe looks delicious and you have exposed me to a new sauce . . . I looked up Mornay sauce and it sounds yummy , , , thank you!

Honored Contributor

Just have enough left over for some turkey sandwiches.  I did better on proportions this time.  So thankful we will not be eating it for days!

Respected Contributor

We'll eat a whole meal tonight and sandwiches tomorrow. Then it's enchiladas.  Depending how much I have I'll freeze a pan for a future meal.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Just watched Bobby Flay make a Leftovers Hash looked delicious - he first browned cut up bacon and some diced onion then added all the leftover turkey, sweet pots, beans, brussel sprouts all chopped  even stuffing and all went in pan  plus some chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper all squashed down with spatula - med hi heat - leave alone until crust formed then flip over it looked delicious all risky and brown.  When serving he put poached egg on top. 

Looked really good am going to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

I just received this recipe today and I think I will be trying it in the next couple of days as it looks like a great way to use up all of your leftovers in one dish:

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/thanksgiving-turkey-pot-pie/7d75e798-14f0-4dd2-a7a3-71774efc5ba8?u...

Respected Contributor

Re: TURKEY LEFTOVERS ...

[ Edited ]

Hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, just like a diner.

Frequent Contributor

Turkey curry.  It's the absolute favorite in my family.  Sometimes we buy a turkey breast and cook it just so that we can make curry.

Here's one recipe; there are many others available online.