Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I season them and put them in the slow cooker...they are delicious! 

I do the same, except I toss in some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Smiley Wink

That's the same BBQ sauce I use!😃. We LOVE ❤️ it!

Super Contributor

Re: Short ribs??

[ Edited ]

My favorite short ribs recipe is one from David Venable.  He calls it Chocolate & Chile Braised Short Ribs (recipe is available on the QVC recipe pages).  I call them Mexican Short Ribs. It's not a strong chocolate flavor, more of a spicy Mexican mole sauce. I use the English short rib cut not the flanken cut.  There is a lot of prep time -- chopping all the vegetable ingredients, seeding the different peppers, tying the short ribs onto the bones.  It takes me about 2 hours to do this prep so I usually do it the night before.  I slow cook them for 4-6 hours and they are fall-off-the-bone delicious.

Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey --oh man--not a fan of the long process of prepping --it sounds really good --think I will opt for a faster method when I take the plunge.. Internet full of recipes----

Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey 

Would you (or anyone) kindly help me find his recipe?  I am lousy at searches!

I found pages of his recipes, but could not find this one.

Chocolate & Chile Braised Short Ribs

TIA!!!!

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Thank you!!!!!!

It looks delish, but I will have to cut out most of those yummy peppers or my DH, also known as wimpy man, when it comes to spices will never eat it!  Ha ha

I appreciate your help!!!

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 Thanks for posting.  This sounds delicious!

Respected Contributor

If you braise them long enough, they are really delicious and fall off the bone!  But they are very fatty (saturated fat, so I would plant to drain off the fat after cooking.