Trusted Contributor

I was looking through some old Recipe Swap posts (before they, too, disappear) and saw where someone had requested a rrecipe for "old fashioned baked eggs with cream and cheese".  I hadn't thought of this recipe in years, but I thought someone new might enjoy it again.

Cheese Shirred Eggs

6 eggs

Cream or milk

6 tbsp. butter

Chopped green onions

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Salt & pepper

Cover bottom of individual baking dishes (ramekins) with milk or cream. Break 1 or 2 eggs into each dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, chopped onion, cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven until eggs are firm.

Respected Contributor

my father would cook my mother shirred eggs -  but they were mainly eggs oven poached in milk or cream as i remember.  this looks a bit more interesting.  thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional  Hi, I haven't seen you posting here in a while.  I still think about your request (quoted below) every time I see an article about fruit recipes.  Did you ever figure out the dessert your mother made?

mstraditional

my mother used to serve a dessert concoction of sour cream, creme de cacao, canned cherries - and maybe kirsch or other ingredients. my memory fails me and i can't find her recipe does this sound familiar to anyone? HELP!

Respected Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

@ms traditional  Hi, I haven't seen you posting here in a while.  I still think about your request (quoted below) every time I see an article about fruit recipes.  Did you ever figure out the dessert your mother made?

mstraditional

my mother used to serve a dessert concoction of sour cream, creme de cacao, canned cherries - and maybe kirsch or other ingredients. my memory fails me and i can't find her recipe does this sound familiar to anyone? HELP!

hi HoneyBit -  wow. what a memory.   i still haven't found what i was looking for but do expect i will experiment with the ingredients i remember  to see if i can re-create-  enjoy your summer.