Respected Contributor

Someone posted this recipe on my website. I haven't made it myself yet, but it sure looks good! If you make it before I do, please post a review; I'll do the same if I make it first.

Rigatoni Pasta Pie

/><br/> <br/> Ingredients<br/> <br/> 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil<br/> <br/> 1 pound ground turkey  (I use beef)<br/> <br/> 3 cloves garlic, minced<br/> <br/> 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes<br/> <br/> 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper<br/> <br/> 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen organic whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with your hands<br/> <br/> 1 pound rigatoni pasta<br/> <br/> 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese<br/> <br/> 2 cups shredded mozzarella<br/> <br/> Directions<br/> <br/> Preheat oven to 400.<br/> <br/> Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add the turkey and cook until it's browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté another minute. Then add the crushed tomatoes and simmer on medium until thickened, 20 minutes.<br/> <br/> In the meantime, cook the rigatoni until it's slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cool water. Toss with parmesan cheese. Lightly oil a 9-inch spring form pan. Tightly pack the rigatoni in the pan, standing on their ends.<br/> <br/> Pour the meat sauce over the pasta. Push the meat down into the holes as best you can.<br/> <br/> Slide into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove, top with mozzarella cheese, and bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.<br/> <br/> Let sit 15 minutes before slicing and serving!<br/> <br/> Top with fresh basil if desired.<br/> <br/></p>

Super Contributor

OMgoodness… that is just my style. Dh wouldn't like it, so I'll have to figure out another reason to try it.

Thank you for posting.

Trusted Contributor

Wow--that's a pretty presentation! I'll bet it tastes good, too.

Super Contributor

Looks yummy and rigatoni is DH's favorite!

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I need something new to make and I'm a pasta fanatic...

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Super Contributor

FunkyHulaGirl - I love this..... can't wait to try it. I think I may try it with turkey or Italian sausage, to kick it up a little. I think it would be perfect with a salad to go with it. Thank you for posting this. I hope anyone who does make it first, puts up their reviews....Smile