Valued Contributor

I bought lobster tails from qvc but they were boring.  By the time we got the meat out of the shell the side dishes were cold.  I am looking for recipes for sauces to serve with them.  I plan to cook the rest of them and remove the meat from the shells and serve with some kind of sauce.  I think next time I'll make some red lobster biscuits too!

Valued Contributor

Re: Recipes for lobster tails

I also wondered what veggies you eat with lobster!

Esteemed Contributor

I highly recommend lobster mac and cheese. Amazing.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want something different, try fried lobster.   Cole slaw, deviled eggs or potato salad as a side dish.

I live in the NE & have never seen this on any "seafood" restaurant menu.  However, in Ga, all the "seafood" restaurnats have fried lobster on the menu.

Fried lobster "how to" link

My SO has tried the above recipe many times.  Mouth watering as I type this post.

Regarding "sauce."  Personally, the only thing you need when eating lobster is lemon & melted butter.  Never heard of anyone using "sauce."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You could try a lobster Newburg recipe served over rice.  Not for me though.  I love lobster with potato salad, tossed salad and either lemon and butter or with a seafood cocktail sauce.  I like my lobster served cold.  DH likes his served hot.  Lobster season opens here in two weeks.  I'm hungry now😊.  LM

Honored Contributor

I buy my lobster tails from Aldi's.  They're at least 1/3 of the price for tails here.

WOW - are they good too! 

Respected Contributor

I usually cut out the bottom of the lobster and pull it out and clean, then cook it out on the grill.  Takes about the same time as the steak.     I also use these with oil candles.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

DH makes chunked lobster sautéed in carmelized onions and butter.  Serves it with buttered capellini or rice.  Now I'm hungry and it is only 9:30 AM !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

If you want something different, try fried lobster.   Cole slaw, deviled eggs or potato salad as a side dish.

I live in the NE & have never seen this on any "seafood" restaurant menu.  However, in Ga, all the "seafood" restaurnats have fried lobster on the menu.

Fried lobster "how to" link

My SO has tried the above recipe many times.  Mouth watering as I type this post.

Regarding "sauce."  Personally, the only thing you need when eating lobster is lemon & melted butter.  Never heard of anyone using "sauce."

We have a restaurant here in Chicago that does french fried lobster tails, oh my, sooo good, I didn't think anyone else knew about this

Honored Contributor

@spix

I suspect it's a southern thing.  I bet your restaurant in Chicago copied from the ones down south.

I was in N.O. over the summer.  I lived off of fried lobster & fried allagator.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif