Esteemed Contributor

I check into the Q Forum every few days and always see the Pot Sticker Soup blog under Recipes that goes back to the year 2015. I can't help but wonder why the Q allows anything here to get to 1,694 pages. Seems like it's time to start a new post unless you just skip to the last page. JMO.

Respected Contributor

ShowMe's thread is over 3000. Why does it matter?

Honored Contributor

Re: Really? 1694 Pages?

[ Edited ]

@Jannabelle wrote:

I check into the Q Forum every few days and always see the Pot Sticker Soup blog under Recipes that goes back to the year 2015. I can't help but wonder why the Q allows anything here to get to 1,694 pages. Seems like it's time to start a new post unless you just skip to the last page. JMO.

I don't post on that one, but I do join in on a couple of other longstanding threads so I'll put in my 2 cents worth.    I recall that you asked about the long-term threads before, so you'll probably get the same answers here as you did on your other threads.

Personal settings allow us to have the last post listed first, or to immediately jump to the last post we read on our previous  visit, so it's easy to find the most recent comments.   (Also, the number of pages you see may vary from what others see, depending on our settings.   I forget what the default is, but mine is set to 15 posts per page within a thread.)    I come from an IT background, and I see no technical reason to arbitrarily pick a length, cut the threads off, and restart them.

This is a community of human beings and, as such, we sometimes are lucky to form friendships.   People make connections, some posters find the threads to be a welcoming, relaxing, entertaining "soft spot to rest" when they come here.   I think it's lovely that QVC provides a venue for this.   As suggested before, if you'd participate in the conversations you'd understand why they're here and how they function.   I know I'd offer a warm welcome to you, and I think everyone else would, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Melania wrote:

ShowMe's thread is over 3000. Why does it matter?

That's a good question, @Melania.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must quote from @dooBdoo's post: "This is a community of human beings and, as such, we sometimes are lucky to form friendships.   People make connections, some posters find the threads to be a welcoming, relaxing, entertaining "soft spot to rest" when they come here." 

About a year and a half ago, I got very frustrated with some aspects of the forums, mainly those posters who just seemed to get some kind of pleasure from making mean, snarky comments to others, no matter the subject.  I had recently lost my precious little cat after 4 years of her battling kidney disease and I mentioned it here.  One poster said something that hurt me quite a bit, and I stopped coming to the forums.  I hated to do that because there were people here who I liked and admired and considered "friends"... but I just needed a break.  I checked in once in a while, but never posted.  

Recently I've had some very sad family issues, and decided to just "check in" again.  I saw some familiar names and started posting again.  There is a thread called "Pictures of Just Cats - the Original" that always gave me a boost if I was having a down day, or just needed a laugh.  Thank goodness it's still here. It's just what it says - pictures of cats, funny beautiful wonderful cats and kittens.  It's mostly pictures, but some of us have developed relationships through talking about our cats or other animals, rescue stories, etc.  As dooBdoo said, "it is a soft spot to rest" when I needed it very much.  On my computer, its well over 500 pages, over 10,900 replies.  When the boards were redone a few years ago, they were going to take down some of these long-standing threads, but there was such an uproar from posters that they kept them.  And thank goodness they did.  

These threads don't hurt anyone, you can ignore them if you choose, but those of us who love them and sometimes post on them value them greatly.  

Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC. I don't want to quote your whole post, but comment on the last paragraph. That says it all. These threads are very important to the posters who participate. Only the ones that don't are causing an uproar. I also saw this happen before. Just scroll on buy for anyone who doesn't like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jannabelle wrote:

@jannabelle1

Because we are here every single day offering fun, friendship, encouragement & support to each other & anyone who would like to join in.

Anyone is welcome. Join in & in a VERY short time you should understand completely!

Honored Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

@jannabelle1 I am a regular on that thread and all I can tell you is that the fun, friendship and support I find there every day has been a gift to me.  I tiptoed in a few years ago and have never looked back and couldn't believe how welcoming this group was since I was a new poster at the time.  I hope folks swing on by and join us please! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  so well said, thank you

@kittymomNC

@Melania

@proudlyfromNJ

Thank you also for your posts which support the exact reasons Potsticker Soup has continued for so long.

@jannabelle1

As @ChiliPepper posted, come and join us!  You will indeed see why it goes on!

I have been a poster on Potsticker Soup ever since that wonderful, delicious recipe was shared.

We have become dear friends and supporters!  Many have joined us and we know many read the thread while not posting.

Recipes, tips, food ideas, home ideas, creative ideas are all shared!  More importantly, friendships have been formed that will last a lifetime.  Support is given when times are rough.

It is truly one of the greatest blessings I have received.

We are ALWAYS within the guidelines and rules of this forum.  There is no valid reason to end our thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

About a year and a half ago, I got very frustrated with some aspects of the forums, mainly those posters who just seemed to get some kind of pleasure from making mean, snarky comments to others, no matter the subject.  I had recently lost my precious little cat after 4 years of her battling kidney disease and I mentioned it here.  One poster said something that hurt me quite a bit, and I stopped coming to the forums.  I hated to do that because there were people here who I liked and admired and considered "friends"... but I just needed a break.  I checked in once in a while, but never posted.  

@kittymomNC

I know it has been a while but some wounds never heal completely.

I am very sorry for your loss, I understand how painful it is.