Esteemed Contributor

RespectLife,

All I can say is if those cookies were at our house, I probably would have been the one eating them all since DH doesn't care too much for sweets unless it is cheesecake, ice cream or pecan pie. Even though you didn't share them with adoreqvc or me, I think I gained the weight! LOL! Don't "do" that to us again! I would suspect if you dispatched some to adoreqvc and to me, that some of those cookies would have broken and the calories would have leaked out so that when we ate the pieces, the calories would have been evaporated...... and yeah, I'm dreaming the dream!

Adoreqvc,

I think it is really nice of you to volunteer both of us as official cookie tastetesters for RespectLife's cookies. Now to get her on board!

Respected Contributor
On 3/10/2015 mustang66lady said:

RespectLife,

All I can say is if those cookies were at our house, I probably would have been the one eating them all since DH doesn't care too much for sweets unless it is cheesecake, ice cream or pecan pie. Even though you didn't share them with adoreqvc or me, I think I gained the weight! LOL! Don't "do" that to us again! I would suspect if you dispatched some to adoreqvc and to me, that some of those cookies would have broken and the calories would have leaked out so that when we ate the pieces, the calories would have been evaporated...... and yeah, I'm dreaming the dream!

Adoreqvc,

I think it is really nice of you to volunteer both of us as official cookie tastetesters for RespectLife's cookies. Now to get her on board!

I hope RespectLife will come on board after all we have combined years of expertise in the cookie category so that should give us some perks don't ya think Mustang66lady?

And all I have now to much on in the house are store bought Oreo's which Phillip buys.

Have a great night you two sweet pals, and take good care{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Honored Contributor
Wow - this sounds really good - and easy! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting your recipe!
Esteemed Contributor

Hello ChiliPepper,

How nice to meet you. This is an easy soup and tastes really good. May I suggest that you read the entire thread if you have not already because several posters have come up with some suggestions that you may be interested in. My one complaint was I could not find a variety of mixed Asian veggies that I was pleased with in my grocer's freezer. There have been some wonderful suggestions. Don't forget that sesame oil; it is vital that you do not substitute it! Hope you like it if you try it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions. I know I have sesame oil in the cupboard. I too mix my own veggies because we really like certain ones like pea pods & julienne carrots. Frozen peas might be good too (not canned - too soft). Thanks for the hello - I read all the time, just started posting recently. I have been with the Q since the beginning. I have learned a lot from all of you & I really appreciate the time everyone takes to post their recipes.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh adoreqvc-don't get us in trouble LOL! I know one thing for sure, I have expertise in eating cookies! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Beyond that, well, I do love making them, too, have no patience to make them fancy but always copy directions on how to decorate in the hope that I will be Divinely guided and make bakery looking cookies! But since I have absolutely no artistic abilities what so ever, it even shows when I try to decorate cookies and cakes. I see the lines and designs and patterns in my mind but have no ability to translate what my mind's eye sees onto cookies, cakes, paper, fabric, needlework, etc. I have to have a pattern. I will forever be doomed to paint by number-I need to design a way to paint cookies by number; maybe we can make a fortune!

Oreos? In your house? I will never tell although they do kind of have a Greek sounding name to them...... For me, store bought would be Lorna Doones!-hey no icing or decorating on these! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Good night my cyber friends. By the way, my DH went to bed early not feeling well....oh well. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trusted Contributor
One of the BEST! Thanks to whoever posted this.....:-)
Esteemed Contributor

ChiliPepper,

You sound a lot like me. I have been with QVC since it was CVN! I lurked a long time before I posted and didn't post again until someone resurrected this recipe or maybe I answered a request for icing from RespectLife first-she and I have a history from years ago when I posted more frequently. Anyway, new life has been blown into this recipe and am so happy so many seem to have enjoyed it this cold winter. Hope you and your family does too, and please, let me know what you end up putting in your soup veggie wise. I have some great suggestions that I would not have thought of and am open for any others! Please share some of your recipes with us, too.

ritasNo1Fan,

How nice to meet you, too. Don't think I have seen your name here before so am really humbled that you chose to comment on a recipe I posted. So glad you enjoyed it. Just wish I had come up with the recipe but can copy and paste with the best of them! Have a blessed evening. Smile

Respected Contributor
On 3/10/2015 mustang66lady said:

Oh adoreqvc-don't get us in trouble LOL! I know one thing for sure, I have expertise in eating cookies! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Beyond that, well, I do love making them, too, have no patience to make them fancy but always copy directions on how to decorate in the hope that I will be Divinely guided and make bakery looking cookies! But since I have absolutely no artistic abilities what so ever, it even shows when I try to decorate cookies and cakes. I see the lines and designs and patterns in my mind but have no ability to translate what my mind's eye sees onto cookies, cakes, paper, fabric, needlework, etc. I have to have a pattern. I will forever be doomed to paint by number-I need to design a way to paint cookies by number; maybe we can make a fortune!

Oreos? In your house? I will never tell although they do kind of have a Greek sounding name to them...... For me, store bought would be Lorna Doones!-hey no icing or decorating on these! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Good night my cyber friends. By the way, my DH went to bed early not feeling well....oh well. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Too funny my friend!

Tell you what RespectLife and I will make the cookies and you can be the cookie taster.....How's that?

Yes Oreo's and very often because Hubby likes to dunk them in milk.

He brings them home and many times rather eat them than any homemade cookies.

I do bake a lot and he does too, but those Oreo's are a throw back to his Greek-American childhood, and that is why it never fails.....he will always bring them home, open the package get a large container of milk out.....sit down pour some milk into a deep bowl and dunk to his heart's content.

I am so sorry to hear your DH is under the weather. I hope he gets well soon.

My DH is still recuperating and still loving your potsticker soup.

Seems that everyone is coming down with something now. It must be that time of season for colds, flu, etc.

Take care Mustang66lady and get well feel better fast regards, to your DH.

Respected Contributor
On 3/10/2015 ChiliPepper said: Thanks for the suggestions. I know I have sesame oil in the cupboard. I too mix my own veggies because we really like certain ones like pea pods & julienne carrots. Frozen peas might be good too (not canned - too soft). Thanks for the hello - I read all the time, just started posting recently. I have been with the Q since the beginning. I have learned a lot from all of you & I really appreciate the time everyone takes to post their recipes.

Hi ChiliPepper,

So nice to finally reply to you and make your kind acquaintance.

If I am not mistaken I believe you replied back to me, and I read your kind reply but my pc shut down and I did not recall which thread I was reading..... as it was also not in my history since I do not keep internet history..... and therefore could not reply on that thread, but nevertheless I will reply here and now.

Thank you for your very kind words. They mean a lot to me, and I hope you will try the recipe you posted on as well as Mustang66lady's potsticker recipe, and if have patience the potsticker recipe I also posted is fast and easy, and freezes well too{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Hope we also cyber chat again and until then Happy safe Cooking and eating!