Super Contributor

can`t wait to try this.

Respected Contributor
On 3/9/2015 mustang66lady said:

Hello adoreqvc.

I'm so sorry your DH isn't feeling well. I had the flu which morphed into pneumonia this past winter and it was miserable. Most of us here are having sinus problems now but that is not unusual for this area this time of the year. I think both you and your DH are very blessed to have found each other. I have lurked off and on and have enjoyed your posts of your adventures both in travel and food. Hope he feels better soon. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you for your kind review of the pot sticker soup-I bet it was wonderful with your homemade potstickers! I will have to try my hand at making some potstickers but I have a little stash in the freezer right now from Aldi's! While they are extremely good, I am sure they cannot match homemade. Thank you so much for including the website you use for these.

I think if you click on my nic, it will bring up my past history and you will find recipes I posted then. I don't cook a whole lot anymore because of family changes-kids have grown and left, had some deaths in the family and with friends, and DH travels a lot so it is just me a good percentage of the time. Will be happy to share if I have something I think someone may like or need (as I did when RespectLife was asking for an icing recipe for cookies recently) but since I don't cook much anymore, I don't quite......belong here any longer. I still enjoy reading the recipes and keeping up with those that posted here a few years ago when I did; missing those that left.

At any rate, take care of yourself as well as DH. I am sure if anyone's cooking has healing powers, yours is included on that list! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Dear Mustang66lady,

I am glad to hear you are on the mend. That flu is really something else. For me even with taking the flu shot many times in about 1 month or 2 I contract a cold, it turns into the flu or bronchitis and with the asthma I end up with pneumonia.

Now DH has laryngitis, head and chest cold with lots of congestion, and I am worried it will turn into something bronchial.

I hope you feel better my friend, and I hope hubby recoups quickly with no other issues.

Your soup he and I both love. I made plenty potstickers which taste fabulous, so I can make it often, but it is especially delicious when one needs to feel better and eat comfort food while being ill.

Nonsense my friend you do belong here whether oyu cook or not. You have knowledge and wisdom to contribute and Lord know we need more of those great attributes.

I will check your recipes and hope you continue to stay, read, and contribute on QVC I know about being the only one and know cooking for 1 is no fun, but then we all have to eat so I always made it a point to cook for more than myself after I lost all my loved ones and had plenty cooked food in the freezer.

Was a pleasure to list the potsticker web site and recipe for you and others to perhaps try and use to make your own potstickers, and they freeze very well.

I truly value our new found QVC cyber friendship Mustang66lady, and hope you also visit on my QVC threads when you read them{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

God Bless, feel better, stay well and know you will always be in my daily prayers!

Esteemed Contributor

Old Foogey,

LOVE your nic! I remember my Mom calling herself an "ol' foogey" when she would laugh about herself over something new she didn't understand or care for! I always scolded her and told her she wasn't an Ol' foogey and we would both laugh. Thanks for the memory.

This soup has kind of taken on a life of its' own and am happy so many seem pleased with it. There have been some excellent suggestions of fresh veggies to use in place of the frozen, so I think either way you decide to go, you will like. Just chose veggies or a mix that contain what you and your family like and you should be good to go. I am making this soup again later this week myself. Wish I had the veggies today since it is raining and the dampness seems to go to the bone-at least my rickety bones-(how they feel today with the chill!).

Have a good day and hope you like the soup if you try it!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, mustang66lady my friend!

Saw you posted and just wanted to pop in and say hello!

We are passing 30 degrees today! Whoohoo! No rain but still a good day for soup!!

You take good care of those bones!!

Esteemed Contributor

Bless you adoreqvc,

for your sweet comments and thoughts. If all of you only knew the things these boards have gotten me thru over the last 7-8 years; well, all I can say is you all have been a life thread to me in the middle of the night, early mornings, late evenings. I feel a cyber friendship with many of you, and have laughed at events and comments, prayed with many of you in times of trial even if you don't know me, and have enjoyed talking to many of you. I usually only post on recipe swap-once in a great while on kitchen and food talk, but usually refrain from posting on other threads. It doesn't mean I don't read them, or even cry or laugh with them, pray when I feel the need. In my mind, the kitchen is the heart of the home, and I kind of feel recipe swap and kitchen and food are the heart of these boards. I have learned many things from all the boards and am happy to be a "student" in the areas I don't post in. What a wealth of knowledge can be found here, as well as entertainment.

Thank you for your prayers; you have mine as well. I will post when I feel maybe I can help, but there are so many on this board who are much better cooks than me and have such wonderful recipes. Since I am in my late 50's, I have many that they have as well-passed down thru the generations but have to admit, I am not much for creating "new" recipes myself. I will and am not afraid to alter a recipe to what I think my family would find more appealing but as far as creating something new, I'm just not as confident as many of you. I am in awe-and feel blessed to have found these boards years ago and learn from them.

Respectlife!

Have you all thawed out yet or are you just getting started? We still have a pile of snow in the front of our house which is the north side, but since we are getting rain today and the temps are in the mid 40's, hopefully it will melt and wash away. Last week we had temps from wind chills below zero to snow, rain, sleet, sun, and finally a warming in the 50's. You truly would not know how to dress last week! Just had to layer up and hope for the best!

Stay warm, my friend. Say, what did you do with all those cookies?!

Respected Contributor
On 3/10/2015 mustang66lady said:

Bless you adoreqvc,

for your sweet comments and thoughts. If all of you only knew the things these boards have gotten me thru over the last 7-8 years; well, all I can say is you all have been a life thread to me in the middle of the night, early mornings, late evenings. I feel a cyber friendship with many of you, and have laughed at events and comments, prayed with many of you in times of trial even if you don't know me, and have enjoyed talking to many of you. I usually only post on recipe swap-once in a great while on kitchen and food talk, but usually refrain from posting on other threads. It doesn't mean I don't read them, or even cry or laugh with them, pray when I feel the need. In my mind, the kitchen is the heart of the home, and I kind of feel recipe swap and kitchen and food are the heart of these boards. I have learned many things from all the boards and am happy to be a "student" in the areas I don't post in. What a wealth of knowledge can be found here, as well as entertainment.

Thank you for your prayers; you have mine as well. I will post when I feel maybe I can help, but there are so many on this board who are much better cooks than me and have such wonderful recipes. Since I am in my late 50's, I have many that they have as well-passed down thru the generations but have to admit, I am not much for creating "new" recipes myself. I will and am not afraid to alter a recipe to what I think my family would find more appealing but as far as creating something new, I'm just not as confident as many of you. I am in awe-and feel blessed to have found these boards years ago and learn from them.

Respectlife!

Have you all thawed out yet or are you just getting started? We still have a pile of snow in the front of our house which is the north side, but since we are getting rain today and the temps are in the mid 40's, hopefully it will melt and wash away. Last week we had temps from wind chills below zero to snow, rain, sleet, sun, and finally a warming in the 50's. You truly would not know how to dress last week! Just had to layer up and hope for the best!

Stay warm, my friend. Say, what did you do with all those cookies?!

Yeah RespectLife,

What happened to our share of the cookies, mustang66lady's, and mine?

Oh I know.....you looked at the cookies and said to yourself "Betcha can't eat just one"....and ya know what.......you ate them all.........talk about a big oinker who did not share with us.....but okay we forgive you this time.

Next time save us some will ya?

On the other hand if it was a recipe Mustang66lady gave you for the cookies and you did not make them yet, then we still expect some, so please do not play "betcha can't eat just one again{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mustang66lady,

Good Tuesday Morning.

I am so sorry you suffered with the flu and then pneumonia. I pray you are now on the mend. I am all too familiar with respiratory distress and conditions because I have asthma....and that alone also makes me susceptible for everything.

BTW regarding the sinus problems ask your Physician for allergy tests because allergies oyu never had may be causing the sinus problems. That is what happened to my Phillip.

I know what you mean when you say the boards helped you through many years, because I feel the same way, especially after my loved ones died so unexpectedly leaving me by myself and alone.

"Those were very sad, heartbreaking, soul wrenching, full of a tsunami of tears, and unbelievable grief filled dark years.....and yes the bb's, and so many wonderful QVC pals got me through it all.

The delayed grief thread under health and fitness really sustained me, and so many contributed, it was astounding and so very healing to know I was not alone in my dual grief journeys losing my husband of 45 years and exactly 2 weeks later losing my beloved Mother unexpectedly. Talk about unfathomable shock and grief. There are really no words to describe that gut wrenching soul shattering pain.

I hope you encountered that delayed grief thread if you needed to, and if you did I am so sorry. Grief journeys take their toll on the living, and it is wonderful to have others who know and can also relate, so one does not feel all alone, and loses all hope for wishing to continue to live without their loved ones.

There were times I wanted to close my eyes and join them.......but I knew I had to go on, because that is what they would have expected of me.

Phillip and I are very blessed to have found each other but one thing I forgot was how cranky and crabby men can become with a simple head and chest cold, with laryngitis.

My mild mannered loving husband turned into a crabby cranky unreasonable person with a nasty new habit of ringing our crystal wedding bell whenever he wanted me to go into his room.

He kept me hoping almost to the point of exhaustion.

First I had irritation with the darn room to room intercom, which I eventually shut down after a heck of a migraine headache, and all that running back and forth, as well as the dogs also growling each time he would just hold the line open and the buzzing began......that occurs when no one talks and that buzzing sound is really loud! Of course his having the cold and congestion with the laryngitis did not help the situation any.

When he realized I shut off the room to room intercom he quickly discovered yet another irritant.

He found our crystal wedding bell set I keep in a glass curio in our master bedroom.

Wow is all I can say!!!!!! Never thought any men could have that much strength to constantly ding dong me every 10 minutes.

Mustang66lady yesterday if I had a beautiful Mustang I would have saddled the horse and rode away! I still have my riding saddles and crop and still ride as we have stables in NY.

I almost gave up yesterday as I was literally exhausted and those constant please spray alcohol on my chest throat and back, and give me a long deep Vicks Vaborub treatment, and don't forget my cut up woolen cloths to cover my back and chest, to keep the heat in from the Vaporub......well all that was a real eye opener.

I made the ghastly mistake and forgot the darn woolen clothes he cut to use from an old woolen shirt, and he almost ate me alive!!!

I am happy to report that will be the last time he goes outside into the back yard in the dead of winter with the cold for a half hour, and refuses to heed my advice to wear a jacket.

I told him if he ever dares to do anything as stupid as that again, and comes in so sick and drives me and the dogs insane I will pack up his woolen cloths, his Vicks Vaporub which stinks, and his wedding bell and dump him in a hotel........and they have the nerve to call us the weaker s*ex......Men get a cold and laryngitis and the world comes to an end..........women suffer in unbelievable long painful pregnancies and very painful natural childbirth.......and yet Men still call us the weaker s*ex.

I wish I could see a man go through pregnancy and childbirth just once.......They would surely change their tune. Weaker s*ex my eye!!!

Well now that I vented and I hope you got a good laugh Mustang66lady, because RespectLife is still laughing from our previous cyber chats about my ill Phillip, who I renamed Hercules due to his going out in the very cold with no jacket and remaining outside for half a hour.

Mustang66lady it has been nice cyber chatting with you.......and I hope RespectLife comes back to reply about the cookies{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Spring is supposed to be here......so lets hope that hubby mends quickly, and many thanks for your kind words for him too.

I hope you also enjoy the warmer weather my friend. It is long overdue.

I will catch up with you again, and until then Blessings, hugs, and take very good care of yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks mustang!

I have everything on hand except for the potstickers.

RespectLife: I missed it the first time around

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello HonnyBrown,

Nice to "meet" you. I hope you enjoy the soup if you make it and if you have a good source for potstickers!

Honored Contributor

BUSTED!!! We (not just me) DID eat all the cookies!! LOL Man, I hid them out in the garage so I could sneak them in private...but you guys CAUGHT ME!! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Too funny! To fill anyone in about this cookie business if you didn't catch our previous thread....I started a thread asking for an icing recipe for cutouts. Not frosting...icing/glaze. I was making heart cutouts for the church group meeting which was on Valentines Day.

Mustang and several others were so helpful and got me to the Royal Icing recipe which was exactly what I was looking for.

I made 3 batches, they were gorgeous and delicious, it was a BLIZZARD again, they cancelled the church group. Figures, right? DH and I ate them all. Three batches. We did limit ourselves to one/day...but it pretty much was EVERYDAY...till they were gone. MOOOOO!

Respected Contributor
On 3/10/2015 RespectLife said:

BUSTED!!! We (not just me) DID eat all the cookies!! LOL Man, I hid them out in the garage so I could sneak them in private...but you guys CAUGHT ME!! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Too funny! To fill anyone in about this cookie business if you didn't catch our previous thread....I started a thread asking for an icing recipe for cutouts. Not frosting...icing/glaze. I was making heart cutouts for the church group meeting which was on Valentines Day.

Mustang and several others were so helpful and got me to the Royal Icing recipe which was exactly what I was looking for.

I made 3 batches, they were gorgeous and delicious, it was a BLIZZARD again, they cancelled the church group. Figures, right? DH and I ate them all. Three batches. We did limit ourselves to one/day...but it pretty much was EVERYDAY...till they were gone. MOOOOO!

I just knew it RespectLife!!!!!!

I knew ya just could not eat one!!!!!

LOL......At least you did share with hubby, and I know Mustang66lady will also forgive you as I also do, but just THIS TIME ONLY, but if ya bake them again..... we expect our share of cookies{#emotions_dlg.devil2}.