Esteemed Contributor

Hope everyone is having a peaceful Saturday!

We had some nasty storms that came thru in the night last night but mostly wind and rain; some lightening and thunder.  Our weatherman said if it stays cloudy today, we will most likely get rain tonight and should end by morning.  If the clouds burn off and we get some sun, will will have more storms tonight.   So far, it is cloudy and has been all day.  

@ChiliPepper

So wish we all could hear Chili Jr.'s concert!  Clap extra loud for all of us!

@VaBelle35

I snorted ice tea when I read your comment about so not answering the phone this week!   One thing, things will get straightened out as it sounds like this is a sister on a mission!

@momtochloe

You have sure been a trouper getting things around for your move.  I am in awe!   And yes, you deserve to eat out and give yourself a break.  It's no good to work 24/7 and it's more important to focus your attention on packing, unloading items, etc. than it is cooking and doing dishes right now.  You will have plenty of time for that after the move and will have some appliances you haven't had in a long time, to do that cooking on!

@Writer with Flair

Are you and Mr. Writer working to gather stuff for the victims of this second fire?   Could you all have a serial arsonist in your midst?   DH would say I am watching too much detective t.v. at this point!  But two fires not far from each other would make me wonder.....

@RespectLife

I know you are busy with parties, showers or something in this line-at least that is what I am thinking was on your agenda this weekend.  I don't think you shared with us what these are for and I don't think we got to "approve" the menu!   Let us know what you served and how it went over. l'm sure whatever is a screaming success!

@Honeybit

Is it spring where you are at?   Have you seen any hummingbirds?  It looks by the migration map that they are in GA.  I kind of expect them here in about a week or two, depending on weather.  Right now it looks like they are just below the Mason-Dixon line pretty much across the states, give or take.   I think DH and I will try to get some yard work done tomorrow after church-to wet here today for that.  I want the regular bird feeder down so that I can get the hummingbird feeder up soon.

@novamc1

Hope things are settling down for you all and we will be interested in hearing all the "adventures" you have had to endure.  Also hope you are getting some long over due rest. 

@adoreqvc

Don't know where you and Phillip are or how you are doing but prayers are still being said none the less.  Looking forward to seeing you posting again soon.

Honored Contributor

Easter Bunny Cam is back!

http://easterbunnycam.com/

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

At the salon today, my aesthetician was talking about this guy who works at the salon who likes everything organized, so he's always re-stacking the bowls by size and color, and re-rolling the towels because he likes them rolled tighter.  

So she said the only thing she does is washes her dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.  I knew I liked her for a reason.

I freaked her out about eggs, though.

I like the eggs in my egg carton to be balanced.  I take them from the ends in even numbers so that the weight is in the middle.

She lost her mind.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

At the salon today, my aesthetician was talking about this guy who works at the salon who likes everything organized, so he's always re-stacking the bowls by size and color, and re-rolling the towels because he likes them rolled tighter.  

So she said the only thing she does is washes her dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.  I knew I liked her for a reason.

I like the eggs in my egg carton to be balanced.  I take them from the ends in even numbers so that the weight is in the middle.

She lost her mind.

@VaBelle35 . . . ***snort*** . . . I totally take my eggs out of the carton the same way . . . it's all in the balance . . . Smiley Happy

ps, thanks for the bunny cam as I am enjoying both that one and the kitten and puppy ones as well . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

She lost her mind.

@VaBelle35 . . . ***snort*** . . . I totally take my eggs out of the carton the same way . . . it's all in the balance . . . Smiley Happy

ps, thanks for the bunny cam as I am enjoying both that one and the kitten and puppy ones as well . . . Heart

@momtochloe

@VaBelle35

I don't take my eggs out that way but it drives me nuts to have an uneven number of eggs in the container-I like them leaving the container 2x2-like Noah's Ark!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

She lost her mind.

@momtochloe

@VaBelle35

I don't take my eggs out that way but it drives me nuts to have an uneven number of eggs in the container-I like them leaving the container 2x2-like Noah's Ark!  Woman LOL

@mustang66lady nooooooooooooooooo, you must take them out balancing the ends out (and don't ask me how I know this) and yes of course you must use eggs 2x2 . . . tee hee . . . hope you are having a good weekend my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe

I think my thought process is that if I take my eggs out from the "front" of the tray ( i have the lock n lock container) that the freshest eggs are in the back.  With the refrigerator door opening and closing, the warmest air is in the front, therefore the freshest eggs are in the back!  Woman Surprised Woman Frustrated  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for happy souper sunday

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Sunday Kitchenettes!

Everyone must be busy today as it is quiet on the potsticker thread.  It's cloudy here again and cool.  DH is grilling steaks and asparagus though. 

Did anyone else cave on the 4 easy pays on all kitchen and food items or am I the loner?   I bought the egg omelet gadget as that is the main reason I wanted a nonstick pan.  If you are interested, there are several of these in the "as is" section for about 10.00 less than the "new" ones are being sold for plus you still get the 4 easy pays.  I also bought a set of the square nestable lock n lock containers for our youngest DD as she is the last to leave the nest and is stocking her apartment with housewares that she needs. 

I think our meal is about ready so need to go but wish everyone a peaceful Sunday.   Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday . . . Smiley Happy

Image result for happy souper sunday

@momtochloe

This puppy looks like my granddog, Merlin!