Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair  I hope that your families displaced by the fire get their houses rebuilt faster than ours.  The fire was a couple of weeks before Christmas and they haven't done anything, not even take away to debris.  It's still a charred pile with a blue tarp over it.

I know there are at least 2 insurance companies involved, so I'm sure that slows everything down as they have to agree on a builder.  I assume they have to acquire the original blueprints so that they can rebuilt the structure to match the rest of the row.

I feel so bad for them.  I know their insurance is paying for them to live somewhere else, but it has to be hard to lose everything, live in a temporary home and try to start getting everything you need.

I can't imagine the stress.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:.

@Writer with Flair

Sometimes you have to hide out until the tide passes.

We are about to roll out a new timesheet system for half the company and make some changes that will irritate the other half.

By some divine intervention, I am off work for 2 weeks during the peak of this event. As are many people because it's spring break in some places.

I am happy to be sitting this one out.

Dear VaBelle,

Taking your advice and "hiding out" this afternoon doing a spot of Online Retail Therapy by taking advantage of a Lord & Taylor sale.  There is free shipping over $45.00. 

OOOHHH!  MY FAVORITE KIND OF THERAPY !!!

Moi aussi!

Honored Contributor

My brother and sister are cracking me up. We're playing rock/paper/scissors by text because none of us want to call my mother to find out the status.  The hospital shuts the phones off at 7 and the Administrator at the Assisted Living is gone for the day.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I did some reverse retail therapy tonight after work.  I had to go to L&T and return a bunch of Ralph Lauren dresses.  They were way too short for work.  I tried to find them in regular vs petite, but they were having a massive clearance and it was more racks of clearance than new.  I had a hard time finding the new spring stuff.

Plus, as I posted on the Talbots thread, the entire mall was blasting heat.  It was so hot in there I couldn't get interested in trying anything on.

I stopped at Godiva and got my free truffle for the month and had  a burger at Elevation Burger since I was there.  It was my celebratory meal. LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Respect and Honeybit,

Thanks for your moral support and the Chocolate Therapy suggestion.  It sounds like a plan. 

I love Lily's chocolate which is sweetened with stevia.   http://lilyssweets.com/   It is delicious without so many carbs (depending on which product you get).  I get it at Whole Foods. 

Lily's makes several yummy items:  chocolate bars and chips for baking.   I portion out small amounts of the chips for occasional snacks.  They are a nice treat.

http://lilyssweets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Baking-Chips_Both-Sides.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Chili,

I love those cheese rabbits with crudites platters.  Too cute!  Somebody is really creative.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

We showed these/tried these last year:

bunny-rolls-recipe.jpg

Here is this years version:

Picture1.jpg

These are so cute and are apparently pretty easy to make.  Got to try these.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

We showed these/tried these last year:

bunny-rolls-recipe.jpg

Here is this years version:

Picture1.jpg

mtc's version:

mtc,

We are so sisters from a different father!  Been there, done that.  I have trouble getting things to turn out like the pictures, too.

The only difference between you and me is that I try not to document my less than stellar efforts.  I just quietly dump them in the trash if they cannot be "doctored" or transformed into something else.  For example a fallen corn souffle' becomes a "Holiday Corn Surprise"  or "Fall Festival Corn Melange."   Mr. Writer never knows what hit him.  (This is where having a husband with a mother who is an awful cook can be a real help, sometimes.)

Respected Contributor

VaBelle wrote:

Good evening everyone.

More good news for me:  the additional role I interviewed for a few weeks back was given to me today.  I'm very happy.  I'll be working outside of my department a lot and with a lot more men, which is a nice change from an almost all-female department.

VaBelle,

Make sure your Stash of Scuba Dresses and Fishnet Hose are ready to go.  I have this feeling that soon you will have a Bevy of Work Crushes waiting in line (take a number, lads) to make a bid for your affections.  Oh, you lucky girl!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair  Oh man, I didn't even go there.  LOL

This week just keeps getting better and better!

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN