Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I'll say that is fast!  You are amazing @momtochloe !

I've known I was moving since April of 2016 and I haven't accomplished hardly anything!

Maybe that should be your career?  MTC's Purging Service!  Fast, efficient, no prisoner's taken!

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

OMG, I would have to go to the local Tavern & come back when it was done.

Too much anxiety for me LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

So ok, set your sundials as Casa mtc goes on the market this Friday . . . I think there may be some folks lined up (fingers crossed) as a contractor will make a killing here.

And the best news of all . . . I can have a furball! . . . yay, I'll have a room mate!  Heart

And for those that may indulge, I highly recommend the new Mac Jr. (the smaller version of the Big Mac) . . . all the flavor with less calories, yum!

@momtochloe

OMG, congrats!!! Yay, that was fast!!!

It would take me FOREVER to get my house ready to sell. I am so impressed with your speed!!!

I need a purge big-time!

A fur friend sometime maybe??? Now THAT is exciting news my friend!!!!

Hey, does McD's have a new jalepeno burger too???

I'll say that is fast!  You are amazing @momtochloe !

I've known I was moving since April of 2016 and I haven't accomplished hardly anything!

Maybe that should be your career?  MTC's Purging Service!  Fast, efficient, no prisoner's taken!

@RespectLife

@ChiliPepper

Again, you have to realize this house isn't worth bringing up to spec as all of the windows need to be replaced, all of the walls need to be painted or refinished, the kitchen needs to be gutted, the bathrooms need to be completely remodeled along with the basement . . . now do you see a family lining up for that?  Yeah, me neither. 

All a contractor would need to be careful of is the hand laid floors that have been restored, the rest have at it for the renovations and clean up on your way out . . . Smiley Happy

Purging will be 1-800-Pack-Rats . . . there is not a garbage receptacle that is not filled every week but those folks will clean out the crawlspace and we should be good to go!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

I just have too many "treasures" LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

@RespectLife

I just have too many "treasures" LOL!!!

@ChiliPepper

@RespectLife

Oh goodness I have had many treasures but now I realize I need to do what's best for me . . . for me the worst was going through what my parents have saved but now after having a few years to myself it isn't as painful as it once was.  The memories that are important to me that are coming with including Chloe's disgusting chew toy are already safely packed away . . . deal with it Mayflower Movers . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

I hear ya my friend!

I understand that "quality of life" is more important than "stuff".

I need to keep reminding myself that they make more stuff if I ever need it in the future. Makes it easier to part with things NOW!!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe I can't go to McDonalds without thinking about Sinbad and his McDonald's rant.  I have seen this special at least 100 times and it never stops being funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAWv-Mv1V_8

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Kitchenettes!

Wow-a lifetime seems to have passed since I was here last Friday!

@Honeybit

I'm so happy to hear you and Yazzy are safe and weathered the storms with not too much damage.   Hope things clear up for all and that those not as fortunate find shelter until their homes and lives are pieced back together again. I have full faith in the hospitality of the South to pull together. 

@momtochloe

Wow, mtc you sure are marching forward!   I'm so proud of all you have accomplished.  And a new furbaby on the horizon!  Have you heard anymore about the possible job?  You are so brave to all you have done and blessings couldn't happen to anyone more deserving. 

@VaBelle35

Don't let that nice weather fool you; we had temps of 71 on Saturday-tomorrow afternoon it is suppose to drop like a rock.  Not awful but 71 down to a high of 30 is going to be raw. 

@ChiliPepper

I think you are getting the worst weather of all the Kitchenettes!   Again, I admire you as I do not believe i could possibly do what you have to do.  Your DD is most blessed to have you for a mother. 

@RespectLife

Is your DH feeling any better?   Maybe make some chicken soup with that chicken instead of pot pie!  Keep yourself healthy.  I have been more prone to common colds and my first round of flu a couple years ago along with my first round of pneumonia.  I think it is because I'm retired, I have lost the immunity you seem to build up when you work around people.  Your DH is newly retired; maybe the same is happening to him. 

@Writer with Flair

The @ does not seem to be working for some reason!  I started collecting Nativity sets when I was first married.  By the time our first DD came along, I bought a wooden set and one of those cling sets for windows or appliances.  That way she could "play" with them.  She learned to tell the story of the Nativity playing with those sets.  Then family members and friends started giving sets to me-I have a snowman set in an igloo instead of a stall, a frosted glass set, a set of those child-like ceramic figurines- I can't remember what they were called but were popular in the '80's, a miniature set, the list goes on and on.  I inherited the two sets my DM and DF had.  I don't remember how many sets I left with my first spouse so my girls would have those as part of their Christmas with their Dad. 

Well our middle DD came tonight and took what was probably her last load to move to her apartment.  She took two recliners we had-they actually were my DF's and he gave them to her.  She doesn't have a sofa but has those recliners!   It seems odd that she has moved; she and I have been thru a lot together.  It was time; she's 27 and has really not more than just landed here a lot but has never taken all her belongings with her before.  I pray the best for her.  I'm a little sad but proud she is finally ready to move forward. 

Hope all sleep well tonight and are safe and warm.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

92168-Good-Morning-Wednesday.jpg