Trusted Contributor

I always use sesame oil in Asian-inspired recipes. Makes all the difference in the world.

Costco has excellent pot tickers in the freezer section. It's a big bag, so you have to love pot stickers, but fortunately, we do!

This soup recipe looks tasty. I will definitely be serving it soon!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Vamp,

I hope you enjoy the soup if you make it. The Costco closest to us is still quite away. Are their potstickers chicken or pork? I keep wanting to try shopping there but to drive past two SAM's is hard to justify - at least to my husband!

Contributor

mustang66lady: I made the potsticker soup last night ---and Oh My Goodness!! --it is fabulous! I always have sesame oil on hand and that is a MUST for this soup. I got the potstickers from Aldi's and they were great and cheap. The only changes I made were that, instead of adding salt, I used the chicken "Better Than Bouillon" and because we really like garlic, I added 1 extra garlic clove. Thank you so much for posting this recipe --it's not to be compared to, but right up there with good BBQ --HA!

Esteemed Contributor

bbqjudge,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the soup: wish I could say I was the author but am only the "finder" of this from allrecipes. But it means a lot coming from a master judge because even though you judge bbq, your taste buds are refined! I always doubt a lot of what I cook and wonder if others will find it as good as I do; this recipe I thought was really good too, but had to wonder if others' have the same feelings or not. I respect the opinions of the people on this board because I have tried many of their recipes myself and have come to know that if someone here says something is good, most likely I am going to feel the same.

I hope you read my post to you above. And hope to see you at Jakey in June!

Respected Contributor

I have a big bag of potstickers in the freezer. Can't wait to try it. Thank you.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 bbqjudge said:

mustang66lady: I made the potsticker soup last night ---and Oh My Goodness!! --it is fabulous! I always have sesame oil on hand and that is a MUST for this soup. I got the potstickers from Aldi's and they were great and cheap. The only changes I made were that, instead of adding salt, I used the chicken "Better Than Bouillon" and because we really like garlic, I added 1 extra garlic clove. Thank you so much for posting this recipe --it's not to be compared to, but right up there with good BBQ --HA!

I'm so glad to hear the Aldi's potstickers are good! And boy are they ever inexpensive compared to potstickers on the Q! I made my first trip ever to Aldi's and got the last 3 boxes they had. Only pork available but I am sure they will be delicious!

It is -8 today...not even counting the wind chill! I may make another batch even though I just made it last week. Anxious to try the Aldi's brand!

Contributor

mustang66lady: I had to make another trip to Aldi's in Edwardsville to get more potstickers. I have passed around our leftovers from the 1st batch for others to try and they have all gone out to get the ingredients, so you are now famous for your recipe. Anyone in the St. Louis area who is interested in BBQ can go to our contest website -- www.jakeyinjune.com for more information.

Esteemed Contributor

bbqjudge,

I just went to our Aldi's today and they were out of potstickers! If you went to the Aldi's in Edwardsville, you were a 15 minute drive from our house. One of our daughter's shops at the Edwardsville Aldi's as that is where she lives. And if you just went today, I may head over there tomorrow and see if they still have some. Guess I could be "famous" for something worse than soup, but have to admit, I didn't make this recipe up-was just fortunate to have found it is all. And I am happy others are finding the soup good, too!

Hope it is a lot warmer for Jakey in June than it is now!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Looks delicious.

Thanks for posting it.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello adoreqvc,

How nice to "meet" you. I have enjoyed your travels and stories and live vicariously thru you! Two places in the world I want to see before I die, is Ireland and Greece.

I hope you enjoy this soup if you try it. We loved it. I never thought it would get the attention it has since I posted it - now wish I had been smart enough to have invented it! Please continue blessing us with your adventures and recipes!