Trusted Contributor

I'm going to make this on Wednesday. Looks easy, good, and different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6DVxHM-jA&list=PLZ5FnYj-j28FA_WY4JsumxXnZHBuibC4o&index=11

Honored Contributor

This looks good!  I might try it for Christmas when I have company coming.  Thank you, @Lacey1.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Contributor

Thank you for sharing this recipe--it sounds wonderful!  I am going to make this for our Thanksgiving Dinner potluck at church tomorrow.  I have a busy day today and it sounds like this will be easy, quick, and delicious!

Trusted Contributor

Let us know how you like it! I was thinking it would be good to use a spice cake mix, instead of yellow, and maybe brown sugar instead of white. I hate to color within the lines!

Trusted Contributor

Looks good, thanks Lacey!

Trusted Contributor
If anybody else is like me and has a connection that's too slow to watch youtube, the printed version is there (and now here), too.

Published on Nov 15, 2015

Betty demonstrates how to make Pumpkin Pie Cake. This dessert is made with pumpkin puree and a yellow cake mix, along with other delicious ingredients. It is terrific for Thanksgiving dinner, because it is quick and easy to make, but still elegant.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

18 ounces pumpkin puree
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
12-ounce can evaporated milk
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 eggs
3 teaspoons cinnamon
cooking oil spray

In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together, using medium speed of an electric mixer. Add pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until well blended. Pour into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil spray. Sprinkle dry cake mix over mixture. Drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into deepest part comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream topping. Enjoy! --Betty

Super Contributor

I always add brown sugar with the white, it just goes with pumpkin.  I also think it tastes better warmed up!

Honored Contributor

@ladygirl...do you just add EXTRA brown sugar or 1/2 and 1/2 white and brown sugar as per the recipe?  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Pumpkin Pie Cake

18 ounces pumpkin puree
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
12-ounce can evaporated milk
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 eggs
3 teaspoons cinnamon
cooking oil spray

In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together, using medium speed of an electric mixer. Add pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until well blended. Pour into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil spray. Sprinkle dry cake mix over mixture. Drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into deepest part comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream topping. Enjoy! --Betty

Thanks so much for printing the instructions out, I watched a minute or two of the video but couldn't go any further...this woman's voice and slow way of talking was just grating on my last nerve. Chalk it up toThanksgiving craziness...lol.

Maria

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pumpkin pie dump cake

[ Edited ]

I made this cake:

I used brown instead of white sugar,(equal amount). I added some PP spice to the cake mix. Instead of nuts, I crumbled crushed, ginger snap cookies over the top. Haven't tasted it, (tomorrow) but it smelled great while it was baking. I think it's a winner. I'lI serve it with whipped cream. The taste will be the final decision!