Esteemed Contributor

1 Package Yellow Cake Mix

1 1/2 Cups Milk

1 -  3 Ounce Instant Vanilla Pudding

1 -  8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese

1 -  20 Ounce Crushed Pineapple, Well Drained

1 -  8 Ounce Whipped Topping, Thawed

1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts, Toasted (Optional)

20 Maraschino Cherries, Well Drained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 9x13 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.

Bate at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool completely on a wire rack.

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.  Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.  Beat in pudding mixture until well blended.  Spread evenly over cake.  Mix drained pineapple into whipped topping and spread over cream cheese/pudding layer.  Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries.  

Refrigerate until serving.

Yield:  20 servings

Honored Contributor

Oh my, that sounds good! How about a little coconut on top ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 That does sound good, but unfortunately my husband is allergic to coconut, HOW DARE HE, LOL!

Super Contributor

Perfect timing... I need something for a Super Bowl party...and none of my

recipes was hitting my hot button... but this sounds great....our hosts are

having chili so this sounds very refreshing....

Thanks....

Super Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@QVCkitty1 That does sound good, but unfortunately my husband is allergic to coconut, HOW DARE HE, LOL!

My mother made a cake called "banana split cake" which sounds similar but I guess there were bananas on top. My hubby is allergic to pineapple but not coconut 😆

Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to let you know I made your cake!!

It sounded so good and I have been looking for something to make for family get togethers.  I recently tried a couple of cheese cake type recipes - one for Thanksgiving and a different one for Christmas.  With both of them, I did not make it in advance - I made each cake for the first time for the holiday dinner.  Neither went over very well.  One was kind of dry and the other had 'too much going on' according to my family. 

So I thought I would make your cake now to see if I thought it would be something the rest of the gang would like.  Well, it is really delicious.  My husband has eaten 3 pieces already today! 

It is very easy to make.  After the cake is baked it is just a matter of putting on the toppings. I topped it in 3 ways to see which we would like best - on 1/3 of it I put coconut - on 1/3 I put chopped pecans and the last 1/3 had no additional topping. I might make it like that for the family meals - that way everyone can have a choice.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pineapple Pudding Cake

[ Edited ]

Sounds incredibly yummy! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@LIG1 It is a very simple cake to make, and really moist, we loved it, note I said "Loved", LOL!