Not applicable

I finally ordered one of the Cooks Essentials 6 qt pressure cookers and I can't figure out how to run the darn thing. I was so excited about getting one and now I can't use it. Does anyone have a good manual or recipes for this? The manual they sent with it must not go to this cooker. It does not match any buttons on it. Please help if you can. Otherwise I just through away $100. Thanks, Lmeyera

Not applicable

I need a chicken and rice recipe for the pressure cooker. Any good ones out there?

Valued Contributor

Some of my favorite pressure cooker recipes {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}....

Robin's Baby Back Ribs pressure cooked in beer

3 racks Baby Back Ribs

Rub mix.... see recipe below
Oil
can of beer
Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce

1 Mix spices together to create a dry rub. Apply the dry rub to the ribs, wrap in plastic and refridgerate over night.

2 Cut ribs into serving pieces.

3 Heat oil in pressure cooker and brown the ribs on all sides.

4 Insert cooking rack in pressure cooker, add beer, and load with ribs standing up, do not exceed maximum fill line.

5 Place on lid and lock, pressure on high for 25 minutes.

6 Let cooker depressurize naturally.

7 Remove ribs from cooker and place on baking pan.

8 Brush on Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce on ribs and broil or grill (5 to 10 minutes) to crisp up. Watch carefully that they do not burn!

Fall off the bones good...Enjoy! Robin

Heaven on Seven Angel Dust Cajun Seasoning Rub

Makes 1/2 cup

3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika

1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish paprika

5 teaspoons salt

1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves

1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground white pepper

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon onion powder

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight (lock n lock) container. The spice mix keeps its best flavor for about two months.

Note: This recipe could easily be doubled and stored for future use.

BEEF STROGNOFF - PRESSURE COOKER

Ingredients

2 lbs. beef stew meat

cut into 1" cubes

3 tablespoons oil

2 tablespoons flour

1 large onion, chopped

1 teaspoon garlic

1 cup beef broth

1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced

2 tablespoons tomato paste (I buy it in the tube, so no waste)

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 cup sour cream

Salt and pepper to taste

1 package egg noodles, cooked

In cooker, brown meat. Add flour and mix well. Stir in onion, garlic powder, mushrooms, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend thoroughly. Close the lid and bring to high pressure. Cook 20 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Stir in sour cream and blend well. Serve over hot egg noodles.

CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS

Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts

1 onion

1 cup peas or more

4 carrots

3 stalks celery

3 to 4 cup water

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

Dumplings:

2 eggs

1 tsp salt

2/3 cup nonfat milk

1 tbsp baking powder

2 cups flour

Combine the chicken, vegatables, water, herbs, salt & pepper into pressure cooker. Cover and lock and cook on low pressure for 15 minutes. When finished, lower pressure with the quick release method. Cover to keep warm.

Dumpling Directions

Combine eggs milk, baking powder, salt in large bowl and whisk until frothy. Then whisk in 1 cup flour. Slowly add remaining flour and stir with spoon. Bring pressure cooker back to boil . Using a spoon, drop dumpling mix into boiling broth. You can make the dumpling size to your liking.

Note... Bisquick is also good for the dumplings

Cover and lock the pressure cooker and bring it to high heat for 2-3 minutes.

Lower heat to stablize pressure cooker and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Lower pressure again with quick release method.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

ROBIN'S PRESSURE COOKER SOUTHERN STYLE GREEN BEANS

Southern style green beans are not crisp, they are very soft and mushy with tons of flavor. Some people also add a few tbls of Apple-cider Vinegar or White Vinegar to their recipe. I have not tried the Vinegar yet.

2 lbs or more fresh green beans (for a crowd at least 4 lbs) they cook way down,snaped into 3rds, DE-STRINGED and soaked and rinsed in cold water.

2 tbls Bacon grease

1 clove minced garlic

2 tbls carmalized onions or finely diced onions

(I make a batch of carmalized onions ahead of time and freeze in individual packets... great on burgers or anything)

1 tbls sugar

2 tbls Knorrs Caldo de Pollo or chicken boullion

2 cups Water

Salt and Pepper... heavy salt

1. In pressure cooker... cook bacon for bacon grease, or if you already have save bacon grease just use the bacon grease. Remove bacon and leave about 2 tbls of bacon grease. I use the bacon for other things or can crumble, place in a small bowl and let people add to their green beans if they like.

2. After grease has cooled down some... saute garlic, do not burn.

3. Add onions and sugar

4. Add cleaned de-stringed snaped green beans and mix with grease mixture.

5. Mix Caldo de Pollo with 2 cups water. Add to green beans.

6. Salt heavy and Pepper beans. Stir up all ingredients.

7. Pressure cook high for 20 minutes

8. Fast release pressure.... check if beans are soft enough to your liking, if not, pressure cook again for 5-10 minutes. Also taste for right amount of seasoning.

9. Remove lid and simmer and stir, until excess liquid cooks down to what is called "Liquid Gold". Liquid Gold is what Southerns refer to the bean juice, do not discard that liquid it has a ton of flavor.

10. Serve

Note to my family... If you do not de-string the beans well enough, Nana will say through out the meal that she has strings, that is a no-no!!!!! lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you