Respected Contributor

Re: One very good pasta sauce in a jar

[ Edited ]

I would happily rinse out the remaining sauce with some red wine, but the only wines allowed in our house are white.  Red wine and I don't get along........just never really cared for it.  White and I get along very well, and probably too often (heh!).  Husband drinks nothing alcoholic.  I do extract any remaining sauce by adding a little water and swishing it around in the jar or can.

Was happy to see one poster recommend the RAO brand of sauce.  I have a jar of that in the pantry and plan to try it next.  Was also pleased to learn that I can buy Victoria at Costco..........I don't shop those "grocery and staple"  aisles at Costco very carefully and will look for it next time.  Thanks for the info.

Valued Contributor

My favorite is Rao's. I bought 6 small jars of their Marinara sauce in my local supermarket on clearance for $1.50 a piece. The price for the small size is $4 - $5.

Trusted Contributor

when I don't have time to make gravy from scratch, I always buy Victoria.  It is the closest to homemade and really good and I'm 100% Italian!  Where I live it was just on sale for $2.99 a jar.  Needless to say I bought a whole lot of it.  I love the Marinara one, it's my favorite.  

I made baked ziti last week with it, just added some fresh basil and everyone was raving how good it was, they didn't know it came from a jar.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Novamc...Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try. I usually make my own...my Favorite Jar Pasta Sauce is...

Cabernet Marinara Pasta Saucealready has the Wine in itCat LOL

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~