Super Contributor

Re: OT, somewhat.......Just need to share with someone.......

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful touching story. It meant a lot, and I am SO happy for you!!! Have a Blessed Easter!!
In Sunny AZ
Respected Contributor

forrest, by now you must know your father loves you and is just not an emotional man but is doing his best and by sending this card it is his way of telling you he does love you and does appreciate all you have been doing for him. I think you are a wonderful daughter as well as a wonderful person, good for you.
I lost my mom quite a while ago and my dad at 98 3 years ago, very sad so, continue to reach out to your dad now since time is going on.

BTW, enjoy all the recipes you post.

Super Contributor

Your post brought me to tears, forrestwolf. The story as a whole, and for the break-through that has occurred. How wonderful to hear he has finally found a way, and the motivation, to express some emotion in what way he can. It would be very hard for me to experience, and bless your heart for sticking by him and doing what you do. May your Easter be extra special. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Oh, forestwolf, your posting was not "stupid" at all. That Easter card from your dad says a lot, doesn't it? He does acknowledge and care about you. Any woman wants acceptance and love from her daddy. It just took him longer to tell you.

Be happy, you are a wonderful daughter and will have no regrets when dad has passed on.

Honored Contributor

Your love for him has chipped a little of his sheild. You should be very happy and proud of that progress. Some people simply can't or won't show their feelings and your dad sounds like one of those poor people. My grandmother never told my mother she loved her and that haunts my mom to this day. I haven't posted with you, but I'm so glad you have so many on here that "know" you and are there for you. Sending a big cyber hug to you for being who you are and for doing what you do. In his heart he knows what a special, loving person you are and in his stubborn way he is showing you. Be proud sweetie. Wishing you and your dad a blessed, happy Easter.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this heartwarming experience. You might not be able to change the past with your Dad, but that simple card is very encouraging for the days ahead. We never truly know the thoughts and feelings people hang onto, which are often the reasons behind their actions and words. Just keep loving him and doing what you're doing, and enjoy each day as the blessing it is for both of you. Happy Easter!

Esteemed Contributor

forrestwolf, I don't know you, but I would like to, through these forums. You sound like you have done all you possibly can for your father, and he has finally found a way to express his feelings for you. My family was never a demonstrative family, and for what's left of us, we aren't to this day. I don't remember my Dad saying in words that he loved me, but I do remember some of the things he did for me in his quiet way. For whatever family you have now besides your Dad, just tell them you love them and don't repeat the mistakes he made. I've made sure that my son is never in doubt how much I love him, for the simple reason that I didn't hear those words as a daughter. My mom and I were very close, but we just never said the words unless it was in a card or in our actions. And your actions with your dad speak volumes about the kind of daughter you are. Apparently he does recognize that, and I'm so glad he expressed it while he still can. Take good care of yourself.

Super Contributor

Oh Wolf, you are such a dear! Sometimes things in life can take a long time to happen, but they still can happen. My dad was a silly, crazy, fun loving man, but a man of few words and never used the love word either. I knew he loved me, but really don't remember hearing it. There are many guys like that...not all, I know.

Maybe what he is feeling inside is finding its way out to you! I'm sure it has been a long, hard time for you. I'm sure you were thrilled when you opened that card! Many blessings to you and your dad at this Easter time!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

What a lovely post, forrestwolf. Your father expressed his love in that card. He let the words printed inside tell you how much he loves you and appreciates you. It seems that he can't say them himself. Some people aren't good at expressing themselves.

Have a wonderful Easter. It seems to me that you've received the validation you've wanted for so long. Hooray!

Occasional Contributor

I can identify with your situation. It is difficult to be cheerful around a person like this.

My friend and I have a saying that keeps us ""sane"".

""There is nothing stranger than people and family are the strangest."" Keep a smile on your face and things will be fine.