Honored Contributor

New Food Network show Farmer's Market Flip

Apparently this is the week that Food Network is rolling out some new shows.  Besides Tyler Florence's new show there is a spin off of Flea Market Flip (which I love) called Farmer's Market Flip.

It looks like it's basically the same concept of Flea Market Flip but at a farmer's market . . . looks like it could be a lot of fun to watch.

Again, I am so bummed that FN did nothing to promote these news shows . . . Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Food Network show Farmer's Market Flip

Thanks for the info.  I had never heard of this new show but will be watching.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

It makes you wonder what the point of new shows is if people don't know about them!  Also, they sort of buried these shows on Sunday a.m. unless they have been on before and I missed them.

I get so frustrated with FN because I NEVER know when the NEW series are being shown.  Especially the way they did Ina's new shows!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@momtochloe

It makes you wonder what the point of new shows is if people don't know about them!  Also, they sort of buried these shows on Sunday a.m. unless they have been on before and I missed them.

I get so frustrated with FN because I NEVER know when the NEW series are being shown.  Especially the way they did Ina's new shows!

@Sooner this is my angst with FN.  If I see that bear in that canoe one more time rowing across the bottom of my screen I swear I am going to throw the remote at it . . . now watching Tyler Florence rowing across my screen is a whole other matter . . . just kidding, I really used to love FN and am so disappointed in the rather disjointed programming they have now.

Trusted Contributor

Every weekend for the past 5 years they have shown back-to-back Guy Fiery marathons… I am so sick of that guy/Guy– I just can’t watch him on any show.  I have waited for something new and had no idea they had started these new shows.  It seems like nearly everything they have introduced in the past few years have been some sort of game show, and I am not interested in that programming.  True cooking shows are both interesting and relaxing to me, if it is something I can relate to…and as stupid as it sounds, I love the sounds that go with it…the mixing, pouring, egg-cracking, slicing & dicing, etc.  Even if I never plan to make the food, just watching is enjoyable.  I miss many of the old programs. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I stopped watching the Food Network several years ago because of nonstop Guy Fiery.  Except for just a couple of chefs all the food they feature is fat laden and unhealthy.  I do not get carried away with nothing but health food but I do try to cook reasonably healthy most of the time.