Honored Contributor

Re: Name two things you like to eat together.

Cornbread muffin and cup of milk. Yummy. 

Open Nature Chicken /Apple sausage link with mac and cheese. 

Pinto beans with chow chow. 

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@jubilantMy Sister friend!! Mine also but it must be with miracle whip and lettuce on the sandwich.And the chicken soup is a must.

*******  Yum!  That sounds good, too!  In my case it must be butter and Ketchup (light on the Ketchup)!!!!!  Have you ever had peanut butter and jelly toasties with chicken soup?  That is almost a tie with the bologna sandwiches.

Trusted Contributor

Something I saw in another thread reminded me of this:  a slice of hot-out-of-the-oven cornbread, split and well buttered, with honey, especially honey still in the comb.   

Valued Contributor

Potato salad and bush veggies baked beans, chocolate bar and potato chips tuna fish sandwiches and chips .
Porkchops and applesauce with cream corn.
Respected Contributor

Chili con carne on white rice. Can't eat it any other way.

Ham and lima beans, especially lima beans in sour cream (sounds awful but is great IMO).

Another vote for grilled cheese and tomato soup, especially cream of tomato made with milk. Add a glass of cold milk and you have my favorite lunch on a winter day when I was a  kid, and it's calcium-rich.

This is 3 things, but I loved it when they served it in my college dining room as a snack: Ritz or Club cracker topped with whipped cream cheese and strawberry preserves. Nom.

Occasional Visitor

potato chips and ice cream

Frequent Contributor

My family have Germany backgrounds and on holdays we always have homemade noodles in a chicken broth served overtop our mash potatoes.

Regular Contributor

@DeeDT wrote:

My family have Germany backgrounds and on holdays we always have homemade noodles in a chicken broth served overtop our mash potatoes.

We always have noodles over mashed potatoes!  Yum

Regular Contributor

When our kids had friends over they always wanted grilled cheese and homemade milk shakes.  Still love them!  Canned pears with cottage cheese on top add salt/pepper to the cottage cheese!

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid I had to have my bologna sandwich with crushed potato chips inside. Mmmm.

"Pure Michigan"