Valued Contributor

Moroccan Salmon

My sister has had this recipe for a long time and finally got around to making it. I have to say it was truly delicious. It's an unexpected flavor combination but it really works. She served it with a moroccan quinoa. It was out of this world.

2 (thick) salmon filets 4- 6 ounces each

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar (or brown sugar)
pinch cayenne
1 tablespoon oil for searing
Garnish- orange zest

Preheat oven to 350F

In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, sugar and cayenne.S prinkle over both sides of the salmon.

Heat oil in a oven proof skillet (cast iron) over medium high heat. Sear salmon on both sides 2 minutes on each side then place in the warm oven to finish for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.

Garnish with orange zest

Respected Contributor

@LoLaas a salmon eater,  i definitely want to give this a try.   thank you for sharing!

@Lola wrote:

Moroccan Salmon

My sister has had this recipe for a long time and finally got around to making it. I have to say it was truly delicious. It's an unexpected flavor combination but it really works. She served it with a moroccan quinoa. It was out of this world.

2 (thick) salmon filets 4- 6 ounces each

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar (or brown sugar)
pinch cayenne
1 tablespoon oil for searing
Garnish- orange zest

Preheat oven to 350F

In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, sugar and cayenne.S prinkle over both sides of the salmon.

Heat oil in a oven proof skillet (cast iron) over medium high heat. Sear salmon on both sides 2 minutes on each side then place in the warm oven to finish for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.

Garnish with orange zest

Respected Contributor

Great recipe LoLa.....

Thanks so very much.

Honored Contributor

@LoLa

We eat a lot of salmon here in the PNW and this sounds very interesting.  Definitely on the list to try!

Good to have you back posting your delicious recipes.

Honored Contributor

I tried the recipe and it was good..tks

Honored Contributor

We eat salmon about once a week, I know this will be a nice change.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Moroccan Salmon

[ Edited ]

@LoLa

I made this tonight for dinner.  We really enjoyed a different way to make salmon.  Because I bought a large naval orange to get the zest so we had arranged orange and avocado slices with a drizzle of balsamic for a salad and I tried a new recipe for sweet and salty coconut rice that I am going to post later.

Valued Contributor

Hi Girls!

I'm so happy that you all loved it. It's fun to find and try new recipes!

Have a great day,

LoLa