Honored Contributor

Re: Mac and Cheese? I should know this....

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Am I the only person in the world who hates macaroni and cheese?  Ugh!  Just the thought of it.....

@Annabellethecat66  No,  you're not.   I'm not crazy about it either.   Used to occasionally make it for family but never eat it now.   I've also never bought a package of the Kraft stuff. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't like macaroni and cheese either but when I was going out to dinner I used to bribe my children with that blue box.  They thought it was a treat.

Respected Contributor

Devour White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Bacon.

You will. Unless you don't like mac and cheese, in which case, more for the rest of us.
Honored Contributor

@house_catThis mac and cheese is absolutely the best I have ever tasted even though I have taught Foods and Advanced Foods.  Our smaller grandson almost rolled on the floor with this one as did I!  

This one will definately make you sit up!

Don't over cook.

The  Oh! My! Mac and Cheese  (T renamed it according to my grandson!)

Doubled, it will fit a 9 x 13.  One recipe does a

9 x 9.

Reheats like a dream!  I loved it so, I took it home in a baggie!!!

4 C hot small macaroni noodles (8 oz uncooked)

2 C (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 C cottage cheese

3/4 C sour cream

1/2 C milk 

2 Tbsp grated fresh onion

1  1/2 tsp butter, melted

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 large egg, lightly beaten

Cooking Spray

Topping

1/4 C dry bread crumbs

1 Tbsp butter, melted

1/2 tsp paprika  (optional for extra flavor)

2 C shredded sharp cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine first 10 ingredients, stir well.

Pour into sprayed casserole.

Spread 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese over top of casserole.

Mix butter, breadcrumbs, and paprika

Spread on top of casserole

Cover with foil.

Bake 350 for 45 minutes.

Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned.

Six one cup servings

Respected Contributor

What I LOVE  is buffalo chicken mack and cheese.  i used to use the kraft homestyle bakes but they do not make it now.  You can use the kraft regular kind with the velveeta chese sause packet.  make it per directions.  In a seperate skillit cook chicken strips, onions, butter hot sauce then mix in the mac and cheese.  I ad shredded cheese also and then bake it in the oven. It is soo soo good.

Respected Contributor

also I add a little milk  if i add shredded cheese. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Am I the only person in the world who hates macaroni and cheese?  Ugh!  Just the thought of it.....

@Annabellethecat66  No,  you're not.   I'm not crazy about it either.   Used to occasionally make it for family but never eat it now.   I've also never bought a package of the Kraft stuff. 

I am right there with you @Kachina624 and @Annabellethecat66 until I made the recipe for Fleming's Chiptole Macaroni and Cheese.  Absolutely delicious and a favorite of ours now.

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I have always loved mac and cheese, and it is one of the very few ways I will actually eat cheese.   I like it best with Colby cheese and some butter stirred together in the pot with the hot macaroni, so that the texture is soft and stringy.   

My family likes baked mac and cheese because they want the solid texture of a baked product.  Make a white sauce, add your choice of grated cheese, stir in hot macaroni, pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish, cover with more grated cheese and bake till bubbly and brown.   I only bake for 30 minutes at 375 to get the texture my family likes; my grandmother baked 45 - 60 minutes to get a drier texture when cut into squares.    

My family has always loved baked mac and cheese as well.  No stove top versions need apply in my house.

Respected Contributor

I make a full size batch and then cut it in smaller portions and freeze them.   It heats up beautifully in the toaster oven!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I am right there with you @Kachina624 and @Annabellethecat66 until I made the recipe for Fleming's Chiptole Macaroni and Cheese.  Absolutely delicious and a favorite of ours now.

@Hoovermom  I found the recipe for Fleming's Chiptole Mac & Cheese.   Here it is if anyone wants it. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/flemings-steakhouse-chipotle-cheddar-macaroni-and-cheese-308514?photo=375...

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment