Regular Contributor

Re: MARCH 2017 RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Aw, thank you @momtochloe.  I'm not the best cook but I do enjoy spending time in the kitchen. I get a lot of my recipes online from a food blogger, including the one for Salisbury Steak.       I'm glad @Sassy7356 liked the recipe!

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

Aw, thank you @momtochloe.  I'm not the best cook but I do enjoy spending time in the kitchen. I get a lot of my recipes online from a food blogger, including the one for Salisbury Steak.       I'm glad @Sassy7356 liked the recipe!

@Bluffbaker I don't want to take away from this thread but would you mind sharing the name of the blog please as I think I would like to take a look at it . . . thank you my friend!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

animated-thank-you-image-0091.gif

@Bluffbaker  It was sooooooo good!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mtc, The blog is called margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com  All the recipes I've tried from the site have been good.

Here's a recipe from the site using the last ingredient called for, crushed tomatoes.

Vegetable Soup
6 to 8 Servings

1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
2 potatoes, diced into cubes
diced onion to taste
okra to taste
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen baby lima beans
water (enough to cover the ingredients)
1 Tbsp. shortening
salt to taste
1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen whole kernel corn
cooked meat (optional)
uncooked macaroni (optional)

Combine the first eight ingredients in a large pot. Cook uncovered on medium heat for 1 hour 20 minutes. Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time, add the frozen corn. Add meat and macaroni, if desired, the last 20 minutes of cooking. Cook until the meat is heated and the macaroni cooked.

Next Ingredient:  Powdered sugar

Honored Contributor

Powdered Sugar Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup white sugar

1 cup butter

1 cup vegetable oil

1 pinch salt

2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups all-purpose flour

Beat powdered sugar and white sugar, butter, vegetable oil and salt very well.

Add eggs and dry ingredients.

Make into balls, roll in sugar and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.

NOTE:  For holidays or special occasions, roll in colored sugar instead of white sugar.

Next ingredient: Cheddar Cheese Soup

Regular Contributor

Another tasty dish from margaretsmorsels.

Broccoli Rice Casserole
6 to 8 Servings

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can broccoli cheese soup (undiluted)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can Cheddar cheese soup (undiluted)
1 cup long grain rice, cooked according to pkg. directions

In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and broccoli in butter or margarine 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in milk and soups until smooth. Stir in rice. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.

Next Ingredients:  Onion salt

Honored Contributor

Roasted Canellini Bean Bruschetta 

For 4-6 servings:

16 to 20 baguette slices
2 tbsp. rendered bacon fat, melted
6 oz. chèvre (I used one from Vermont Creamery)
15oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
½ tsp. onion salt

Preheat oven to 425F.

Brush bacon fat on each piece of toast. Toast baguette slices on large baking sheet.

Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until the bread is light browned. For the beans, pat beans dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil, rosemary, and onion salt.

Roast in the 425F oven for 15 minutes; let the beans cool slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Spread about 1 tablespoon of chèvre onto each bread slice; top with about a tablespoon of roasted beans.

NEXT INGREDIENT: SLAW

Esteemed Contributor

Slaw as an ingredient?  Or a slaw recipe?

Honored Contributor

@

@momtochloe wrote:

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@momtochloe

Just had to let you know that we tried your recipe for the Salisbury Steak and my family loved it.  They said it was a "keeper".  Thanks!

@Sassy7356 you are most welcome and as much as I would love to take credit for that recipe that is one of the most talented @Bluffbaker recipes . . . I can't wait to try it myself, hopefully ground beef will be on sale this week.

Thanks again to @Bluffbaker for this recipe and all the delicious ones that you are so kind to post!  Smiley Happy

@Bluffbaker this recipe is the absolute bomb, thanks so much for posting this . . . I already ate an entire portion "tasting" it before putting it into storage containers . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of a recipe that incorporates slaw as condiment or topping or as extra flavor to a regular dish. We love different kinds of slaw but just eating it as a side dish is getting old. Any ideas??