Valued Contributor

one of these? I think you can make 2 or 3 individual pies in them. Just wondering what you think of it and if I should get one. My SIL is crazy nuts for pie and I also thought I could make pot pies and freeze them. Not a huge pie lover, but would be fun for little bday gifts instead of a cupcake or small cake.

TIA

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Little Pie Maker-Anyone own

I will also be interested to hear....we love pie at our house but we eat it....and pie does not keep to well, although I do freeze most everything.

I remember years ago when these pie makers came out and there was a problem with the crust sticking, maybe that has been fixed....plus if you make a 'little' pie I guess you would have to make up enough littlie pies because you will have enough filling for a full size pie.

Respected Contributor

I have the Wolfgang Puck version that makes two small pies - wish I could send it to you!

It worked well, but we found it was just as easy to make one large one (and have leftovers). Used it to make fruit pies, chicken pot pies and even Impossibly easy pies.

Denise
Frequent Contributor

Have the Puck pie maker and a 4 pie maker. Puck’s pies are a little bigger. You have to rub a little oil on them prior to using. You can make pies with different fillings, but you do have to make a lot to use up the fillings. I buy the smallest cans of fillings or make my own. The 4 pie maker takes about 10 to 12 min. to make pies. I usually flip the machine over to make sure the top gets browned. 

No soggy bottom crusts. Any extras can be popped in toaster oven to crisp them up. Fun for a party and good portion control.