Respected Contributor

Re: Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce

@drizzellla   I just check in my area it shows that it's in stock at all my stores including WalMart, Target, HEB, Brookshires, Kroger, etc.

Honored Contributor

our sams club still has lea and perrins available for pickup or delivery.

20 ounce 2 pack for $8.38.

i will say though that i have also tried frenchs AND the "no name" store brands and really see no significant difference in taste or quality.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@lcubedsudbury wrote:
I’ve been buying Lea & Perrins for almost 50 years. I love it. There is no substitute in my book. I’ve not noticed a difference; it’s still the best.

@lcubedsudbury 

NOT being a smart aleck here .... sincere question ....

If you never use a substitute for Lea & Perrins, how do you know what any of the other brands taste like?  They might be better.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lcubedsudbury wrote:
I’ve been buying Lea & Perrins for almost 50 years. I love it. There is no substitute in my book. I’ve not noticed a difference; it’s still the best.

@lcubedsudbury 

NOT being a smart aleck here .... sincere question ....

If you never use a substitute for Lea & Perrins, how do you know what any of the other brands taste like?  They might be better.  

@Tinkrbl44- "there's no substitution in my book" is a phrase. "There's no substitution in my book for home cooking", "There's no substitution in my book for Best Foods mayo" etc.

Also, the OP stated she's been using Lea & Perrins for 50 years, not that never tried any other brand.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

I just checked our Sams; they show it as in stock.

I'm in the NC mountains.

Super Contributor

I used to buy Lea and Perrins.  They got to be expensive and so I tried Heinz and found no difference.  I have stuck with Heinz.  And I frequently use Worcestershire, so it has worked out for me.

Honored Contributor

@mildoo wrote:

I used to buy Lea and Perrins.  They got to be expensive and so I tried Heinz and found no difference.  I have stuck with Heinz.  And I frequently use Worcestershire, so it has worked out for me.

That is interesting that you can buy Heinz. Since 2005 Lea & Perrins has been owned by Kraft Heinz. But lots of items in England are labeled under the Heinz label.

I recently bought Heinz Vegetarian Beans at the grocery. Beans and toast is a popular English item. So I was surprised that our local grocery had the beans. And they didn't have the Heinz beans near baked beans either.

Honored Contributor

@mildoo wrote:

@mildoo 

I used to buy Lea & Perrins but was running low and saw a sale on French's brand, so I bought that one.   I was able to taste test both side by side and couldn't tell the difference, either.

Respected Contributor

I still prefer French's.  L&P has too much clove flavor for me.

Honored Contributor

Now they are out of the Lea & Perrins here.  I found it on Amazon. We were going to make some jerky so needed some more.