Honored Contributor

1 chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds) cut up

1 cup fresh lemon juice

1/4 cup flour

salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 T packed brown sugar

1 T grated lemon zest

Combine chicken pieces and lemon juice in a plastic bag.  Place in bowl in fridge overnight.

Pre-heat oven 350.

Drain chicken and pat dry with paper towels.  Dredge chicken in mixture or flour, salt and pepper.  Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.

Arrange chicken in one layer in shallow casserole dish.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon zest.  Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until chicken is done.

I use bone in skin on chicken thighs for this.  I would use a little more sugar and lemon zest if I was doing a whole chicken. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks! I loved your comments and the end because as I was reading this I was thinking "I should make this with the chicken thighs in my freezer!"

Honored Contributor

DiAnne!!

How timely of you to put this in. I have been having Lean Cuisine's since it's so good, but I just said the other day, I really need to find a recipe for this, so thanks!

Respected Contributor

Hi DiAnne....thanks for this great recipe.  I have copied it and will be making it sometime soon.  I too will be using chicken thighs. 

Honored Contributor

Just wanted to come back and recommend Marlene Koch's lemon chicken recipe. I did it last night, with green beans and rice. I really enjoyed it. Now, thinking of getting her third book. I was able to lose another pound with that meal, she includes all the numbers needed if you're a WW. That was 4 points for the chicken. So........just a personal update if you have her book. On page 245 of EAT MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE. hth someone.

Valued Contributor
I'm making this tonight. Using the ingredients as a marinade (without the flour) and cooking it on the grill. Can't wait.
Valued Contributor

@Lola wrote:
I'm making this tonight. Using the ingredients as a marinade (without the flour) and cooking it on the grill. Can't wait.

I was thinking of doing the same thing!  Marinading the chicken then grilling it!  Love this recipe! Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: LEMON CHICKEN

[ Edited ]

It was really delicious on the grill! Great flavors.

LoLa

Honored Contributor

Lola - I am glad you liked the lemon chicken.  That recipe was in a cookbook put out to raise money for the Olympic Ski Team probably 35-years ago and I have been making it ever since!

Honored Contributor

Every time I hear someone say Lemon Chicken I always think of Debra Barone on "Everybody Loves Raymond". Her only specialty dish. Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"