1 15 oz. organic pinto beans

1 15 oz. organic red kidney beans

1 15 oz. organic black beans

1½ cup coffee*

3 T. chili powder*

1 can tomato paste

1 28 oz. can organic diced tomatoes

¼ c. Pace Picante sauce or salsa

* I use a combination of California chili powder, New Mexico chile powder and Chipotle chili powder

* Feel free to add any peppers to spice it up!

Directions:

1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet, breaking up the meat into bite size pieces as it cooks. Drain off liquid or use a slotted spoon to transfer the ground turkey to your slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes or add a few dashes of hot pepper sauce if you like your chili to have some heat.

2. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Because of the sodium in canned beans, I don’t add salt and, especially where kids and special diets are concerned, I prefer to let diners add their own salt, pepper, and hot sauce.

3. Cook on low for at least 6-8 hours or longer. That’s it! Serve with your favorite chili condiments: shredded cheese, chopped onions, tortilla chips, crackers, and hot sauce.

Notes: Buy organic if you can. I find that canned organic beans have less sodium than other brands – don’t know why, but for example a can of a common grocery brand of pinto beans has 530 mg of sodium per ½ serving while the TJs brand organic pinto beans have 270 mg. of sodium per ½ cup serving.

Next ingredient: Parmesan cheese!

Honored Contributor

Re: JULY RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Bisquick Crustless Zucchini Quiche

3 c. chopped, shredded or sliced (thin) zucchini

1 med. onion, chopped

1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated

4 eggs, beaten

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1 c. Bisquick

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Mix all ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish or large pie pan.

Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned - about 40 minutes.

Next ingredient: marshmallows

I've been making mine as above for more than 30 years. It's always a hit whenever I serve it or take it to a gathering.

Here's the recipe I found online, just slightly different but probably just as good.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Next ingredient.....Marshmallows......recipe anyone?
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 walker said: Next ingredient.....Marshmallows......recipe anyone?

Why don't we change it to a FREE TURN? Anything goes!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Sesame Soy Green Beans

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil (I prefer toasted sesame oil)
1 pound fresh green beans, washed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Directions:
Warm a large skillet or wok over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, pour in canola and sesame oils, then place whole green beans into the skillet. Stir the beans to coat with oil. Cook until the beans are bright green and slightly browned in spots, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce; cover, and let sit about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

I use the frozen cook in bag green beans and microwave then put into fry pan. Cook beans to your desired doneness. I have also added a small can of mushrooms (drained and dried). Great side for meat and soooooo good!

Next ingredient: Bacon

Super Contributor

People are persnickety about their lobster salad, and there are 2 different camps. I'm from the mayo camp. Use what you like.

Toasted Lobster BLT Sandwich

Ingredients:

Lobster 'salad', your favorite recipe

(I rough chop the lobster, and just add a little mayo, a squeeze of lemon, and a small amount of inner celery stalk, chopped fine)

potato bread, or bread of choice

additional mayo

thick-cut bacon

tomato slices

Boston lettuce, or Romaine leaves

Directions:

1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-low to medium heat until desired crispness — drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

2. Butter one side of the bread, and in another skillet, or on a griddle, lay the bread, butter side down and toast until golden. Remove.

Assemble the sandwich.

3. Lightly slather the untoasted side of bread w/ mayo. Layer on the tomato first, followed by the lobster salad, then bacon, and finally the lettuce.

4. Top the sandwiches with the second slice of bread and serve immediately.

Next ingredient: vinegar, any type

Honored Contributor

APPLE SLAW.......For Salad...toss together....4 cups coleslaw mix......1/4 cup sliced green onions......2 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed.....For Dressing......mix together......3 Tablespoons sugar.......1/4 teaspoon salt.....1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice....3 Tablespoons CIDER VINEGAR....2 Tablespoons vegetable oil.....Pour dressing over salad, toss gently and refrigerate until ready to serve. NEXT INGREDIENT...........BROWN SUGAR
Super Contributor

My family loves these! It was posted by our own LBM! Miss her.

Butterfinger Cookies Posted by LilBitMissty

1/2 cup butter..softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 Butterfingers candy bars (2.1 ounces each)...chopped

Grease cookie sheets. Preheat oven to 350*.
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
Add egg whites. Beat well.
Add peanut butter and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
Stir in chopped Butterfinger bars.
Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes, or til golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen.

Next Ingredient: Green Beans

Super Contributor

Green Beans with Shallots and Hazelnuts

from Cooking Light

Ingredients:

2 quarts water

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 shallots, thinly sliced

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted

Preparation:

1. Combine 2 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.

2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Add shallots, and sauté for 3 minutes or until golden brown.

3. Add beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated.

4. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.

Next ingredient: Turkey

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 CaitlinH said:

Ooohhh one of my favorites:

Cowboy Chili

Serves 8

Ingredients:

1 ¼ lb. ground turkey

1 15 oz. organic pinto beans

1 15 oz. organic red kidney beans

1 15 oz. organic black beans

1½ cup coffee*

3 T. chili powder*

1 can tomato paste

1 28 oz. can organic diced tomatoes

¼ c. Pace Picante sauce or salsa

* I use a combination of California chili powder, New Mexico chile powder and Chipotle chili powder

* Feel free to add any peppers to spice it up!

Directions:

1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet, breaking up the meat into bite size pieces as it cooks. Drain off liquid or use a slotted spoon to transfer the ground turkey to your slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes or add a few dashes of hot pepper sauce if you like your chili to have some heat.

2. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Because of the sodium in canned beans, I don’t add salt and, especially where kids and special diets are concerned, I prefer to let diners add their own salt, pepper, and hot sauce.

3. Cook on low for at least 6-8 hours or longer. That’s it! Serve with your favorite chili condiments: shredded cheese, chopped onions, tortilla chips, crackers, and hot sauce.

Notes: Buy organic if you can. I find that canned organic beans have less sodium than other brands – don’t know why, but for example a can of a common grocery brand of pinto beans has 530 mg of sodium per ½ serving while the TJs brand organic pinto beans have 270 mg. of sodium per ½ cup serving.

Next ingredient: Parmesan cheese!

most major brands now make no-salt-added canned beans as well as tomatoes if your store doesn't carry organic ones