Super Contributor

ISO easy/inexpensive non-refrigerated desserts

I typed up a post and it seems to have vanished. Anyway, I need some dessert ideas for a potluck that will be serving fish. I have bad wrists, so preferably nothing too involved, and preferable very inexpensive, as I will be having to make 6 of them over the next few weeks. Thanks so much. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ISO easy/inexpensive non-refrigerated desserts

This is easy for a potluck.....very good too.....no frosting needed.

Original recipe says to mix all ingredients in the pan.  I find this messy and harder to mix well.  I prefer to mix in bowl and then put in pan.

Fast Fixin' Chocolate Chip Cake

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix

1/4 cup oil

2 eggs

1 1/4 cups water

1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)

1 cup chocolate chips (6 oz. pkg)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour oil into 9x13" pan tilting until bottom is covered with oil.  Mix rest of ingredients together well (in pan or not).  Spread evenly in pan.  Bake for 35-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.  When cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Honored Contributor

Brownies are easy and inexpensive. So are chocolate chip cookies. Buy a box of mix or the pre-made cookie dough if you don't feel up to making the batter yourself.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Bring lemon bars one week.  It's a common recipe that tastes great with lenten/fish meals.

Honored Contributor

Good suggestions on lemon bars and brownies!  For a different and easy variation for brownies.......buy a box of Andes Mints...when you take brownies out of oven, place mints on top....let melt and spread like icing.....cool and cut.