Contributor

Re: I have two very ripe bananas

I have the same reciep as you, did you know you can freeze left over buttermilk? I usually

freeze 1/4 cup in plastic cups. Works well for me! Love that B. Bread!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

My DH likes Cream of Wheat and when I have bananas, they get mashed and added to the cream of wheat....I can't stand that ceral but he likes it!

@Mom2Dogs  

Oh gosh, my dad used to eat Cream of Wheat.  I couldn't eat it.  He would have been 100 years old this year....   Brought back thoughts of when I was a kid...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs,

Cream of Wheat is considered a staple in this house; I make sure we NEVER run out of this cereal.  

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Any good recipes for banana bread? Or any other ideas? TIA! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

I have "another idea" for ripe bananas if you or anyone is interested.  I make frozen frosty paw doggie ice cream for my furbabies.  It's too cold here now for them to eat them but I am freezing bananas to be prepared for when it is sweltering here.  Will share recipe if anyone is interested. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! @IamMrsG - your bread recipe sounds really good, and @beckyb1012@RedTop, and @mustang66lady, your recipes are different and ones I want to try sometime.

I ended up freezing them. I've never done it before; I can't believe I didn't know you could do this! I had spent all day in the kitchen today and just didn't feel like making anything else! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Banana blueberry muffins are good.  My favorite is nutella fugecicles.   I add milk and bananas and put in molds.

I peel and freeze them all the time.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

If you are one of the many who got the Wolfgang Puck mini rice cooker and cookbook, the banana bread recipe in the cookbook is very good and it comes out quite nicely in the rice cooker.  Hmmmm, banana bread.... 

Honored Contributor

Ohhhh.  Banana Pina!!!

Respected Contributor

I make doggie ice cream.  Got the recipe on line, but basically it's peanut butter, non-fat plain yogurt, and smashed bananas.  Drop in a vitamix until smooth and pour into ice trays (I use the silicone ones).  My dogs love them and go running to freezer if I ask if they want some "doggie ice cream".  Perfect for hot days.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Mom2Dogs,

Cream of Wheat is considered a staple in this house; I make sure we NEVER run out of this cereal.  

It has a LOT of vitamins, too - especially iron!