Honored Contributor

Re: How do you like YOUR cranberries?

@Desertdi wrote:

on somebody else's plate.............

This is WORD FOR WORD what I was going to say!  How funny!  I've never developed a taste for them, though they look beautiful.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I love them, make them for Thanksgiving, cranberries, sugar, water, seasoning, orange juice, orange zest, & a few spoons of Grand Marnier, delicious

Honored Contributor

Fruity Cranberry Sauce

1 regular bag of cranberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 container or bag of frozen raspberries in syrup (if you use fresh raspberries or regular frozen raspberries without syrup add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar)
Juice of one orange or tangerine (about ½ cup)
2 large granny smith apples, peeled and diced
Splash of grand marnier, if desired

Place water, sugar, and cranberries in a pot. Place on medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once the desired thickness is reached, allow to cool. Add remaining ingredients and combine until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least two hours. This easily doubles or triples. You can also add a little bit of the orange zest if you like.
This also tastes delicious over vanilla ice cream!

cranberries are also great sugared as a garnish for your favorite cocktails. i just bought a cranberry liqueur that i am going to test out on thanksgiving.

they are also great in white cranberry martinis. if you freeze them then float them in your drink it helps keeps your martini cold without any ice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Juiced with vodka

Respected Contributor

my friend sent me this, think she got it from taste of home but not sure

Creamy Cranberry Salad

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling

Ingredients
3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 medium apple, chopped
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture.

I just gently blend a can of whole berry cranberry sauce with a small container of vanilla yogurt.

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I make cranberry mousse. It can be a side dish or a dessert. Very easy and yummy and pretty too.

@wagirl

Would you share your recipe for Cranberry Mousse? 

Somebody mentioned on another thread that they have never seen a Cranberry Pie.  Anybody here ever made one?

Hi  honeybit---here it is. You need to make it the day before.

1 can jellied cranberry sauce

1 3/4 cups cran-rasp juice

I tsp gelatin powder

1- 3 oz box rasp jello

1 cup whipping cream

Heat the juice to a boil and remove from heat.

Add jello and gelatin mixing until dissolved.

Add the cranberry sauce and mix well

Put all this into the refer to chill, usually at least 8 hours or overnight.

Whip up the whipping cream and gently swirl it in with the cranberry -jello so you can see the swirls of white and red; kind of like marblizing. .

You can sub the reg jello for sugar free as well as the juice and prob the whip cream. I've used the SF jello and it is fine, but not the juice or whip cream.  Also, before you add the whipped cream, you may need to use your hand mixer on the jello- cranberry as it may be very firm. Just break it up until it is creamy. This is very good and beautful to look at. Been making it for at lest 30 yearsnow. Let me know how you like it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  Thank you so much.  It sounded wonderful when you mentioned it, and I'm really happy to have your tried and true recipe.  It will probably be after Thanksgiving before I get to try it, but I'll let you know when I do.

ETA:  I forgot to say that I remember you mentioning your Cranberry Mousse in a thread back before the Format Change.  I'm glad we have the "@" feature now so I could ask if you would share it.

Respected Contributor

thank  you so much wagirl, sounds great, will try it for Christmas since we go out for Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Jellied......from a can.

Respected Contributor

Cranberry Orange

½ cup fresh orange juice
½ cup cranberry juice
1 cup sugar
½ cup Orange Marmalade
12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries, washed

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well. Cook at medium heat until the cranberries begin to pop open, approximately 10 minutes. Skim off the foam from the surface with a spoon and discard. Transfer to a bowl. Cool at room temperature.

Refrigerate covered.

Best to prepare at least one day ahead.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~