Honored Contributor

Has anyone used Plated, Blue Apron or Hello Fresh weekly fresh food services?

I'd like any feedback on any of them. TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Plated, Blue Apron or Hello Fresh weekly fresh food services?

Haven't tried those you listed...They all seemed a little overpriced to me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Plated, Blue Apron or Hello Fresh weekly fresh food services?

I tried Blue Apron when I was able to get a Groupon.

I was sent all vegatarian meals, which was ok. But I would have preferred at least

one meal with a protien.

I would not order again, I felt it was a lot of work to prepare these meals after working all day. According to what I was seeing on the commercial it stated 30 minutes. For me it was much longer.

I hope this is helpful  

Honored Contributor

Blue skies for me had a blog on one of these services on her site.  I don't recall which one it was.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

I wanted to make a correction. The site is Blue skies for me please.  This month the fresh food service that is being blogged about is Home Chef.  I know there have been other fresh food services on this site that can be viewed in past blogs. At the bottom of the current blogs are two codes you might want to look at. One is for Hello Fresh. HTH

Valued Contributor

I tried Blue Apron for about 3 months.  Some of the recipes were delicious, others ok.  We did receive produce that was old on more than 1 occasion.  In fact we ended up throwing out some of the produce but called and was given a credit for that shipment.  Customer service is difficult to get hold of.  Recipes were time consuming.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the feedback! @butterfly123 thanks for the heads up on the codes!

I just found out there is a local company similar to these that I might try out first. They use all organic produce too, which is usually all I use. I like the idea alot. I have no issues with the time it will take to cook- I just like that it is all there for me and ready to go. Also, by making it myself I can control certain ingredients, like sodium content. I may eventually make my rounds and try out each. Plated has the most variety of choices for meals.

I personally don't think $10 per meal per person is unreasonable at all, especially for fresh, healthy food.

Respected Contributor

We tried one of them. It's at least a half an hour to cook after the prep time, like chopping, zesting,breading, etc. A lot of standing reading, prepping.  The quality was very good but I don't have the patience.  If it could just be tossed into the toaster oven and microwave it would be easier. I'd order from a restaurant that delivers before doing this regularly.  If you don't mind the time and effort of scratch cooking it does save the grocery trip.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

I hope you find a fresh food service you love. I have noticed more companies offering fresh food services. Please update us on your thoughts on the program you choose.  Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@HappyDaze

I hope you find a fresh food service you love. I have noticed more companies offering fresh food services. Please update us on your thoughts on the program you choose.  Take Care!

@butterfly123 I will do that, thanks again! Smiley Happy