Respected Contributor

Has anyone roasted frozen brussels sprouts?

Did a Google and got varying answers.  Wonder if anyone has a tried-and-true method.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone roasted frozen brussels sprouts?

I think they would be soggy. Have always used fresh.....yummy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've done fresh, too...unfortunately, I don't want to fight the crowds tomorrow, so maybe I'll just do the steamed frozen baby sprouts. Smiley Wink

Thanks, Panda!

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I don't know why you couldn't steam them, then cut them in half and roast them as usual.

I sometimes do this with fresh brussels sprouts because I like the finished texture.

I cut them in half, mix them with chopped garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper, and sometimes dried cranberries. Put them spread out on a cookie sheet, in a 350-ish oven for 10-15 minutes. Then flip them to their other side and roast for another 10-15 muntes until they are done to your liking.

Yumm!!

Respected Contributor

My friend tried this last year.....FAIL.

The frozen sprouts are just to wet to properly roast.

Honored Contributor

Yes, and my family loved them.   In fact, I have never bought fresh ones because this area does not have the type of stores that carry super fresh veggies and fruits.  I buy the frozen ones in the bags, thaw them on paper towels, and roast in a hotter oven, so they get crispy on the outside.   

Honored Contributor

I've roasted them from frozen. It takes a little longer, but they turned out yummy.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

i like sauteeing the frozen brussel sprouts.......some roasted garlic, some caramelized onion, some extra crispy crumbled bacon, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. schwans has great baby brussel sprouts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think it would work if you thaw, then dry them well with a paper towel.

Respected Contributor

@Montana wrote:

I think it would work if you thaw, then dry them well with a paper towel.

I think I'll give it a shot using your (and suggested above) methods.  In any event, I have a couple more steamer bags I can do in 6 minutes if it's a bust.  Woman LOL

Denise