Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever tried.....?

On 7/24/2014 Sammijo said:
On 7/24/2014 colliegirls said:

My friend makes cupcakes with frosting in the center of the cupcake...YUM!

I have used mini peanut butter cups baked inside, frosted with peanut butter frosting - terrific. They melt just enough.

oh. my. gawd.

I thought my chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting were the best I ever had.. this idea is a game changer!

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

House at, I'll see if I can find the recipe for you, but you basically fill the cupcakes half full, plunk in a mini pb cup, and put more batter on top. Bake as usual. The cakes may sink a little in the middle, but if once you frost with pb frosting gyou can't tell. DH loves these!f
Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/homemade-marshmallows-recipe.html

Speaking of the humble marshmallow - I make them from scratch - their my no. 1 request for foodie gifts of family & friends!

Here's a good one from Barefoot Contessa - easy, so easy that you'll never buy another prepackaged again - honest. . .

Great idea. I've seen the recipe, but always forget about it. I'm going to try these and possibly make for Xmas gifts. Thanks for the reminder.
Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Sammijo said: House at, I'll see if I can find the recipe for you, but you basically fill the cupcakes half full, plunk in a mini pb cup, and put more batter on top. Bake as usual. The cakes may sink a little in the middle, but if once you frost with pb frosting gyou can't tell. DH loves these!f

If they sink in the middle that just leaves extra room for frosting. Wink

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

In fact, years ago, the Pillsbury bakeoff had a recipe that. Had a crescent roll wrapped around a marshmallow, and baked, the whole point being that you got the sweetness, and a hollow space, because the marshmallow melted and virtually disappeared... I always thought it was son odd recipe....
Trusted Contributor

Just had another brainstorm trying to get all the s'mores flavors in a cupcake. Dip chocolate cupcakes in chocolate ganache, and use marshmallow creme for the frosting (maybe hit them with a kitchen torch to get that slightly roasted marshmallow flavor) then sprinkle graham crackers bits on top and perhaps some mini chocolate chips.

Can you tell I recently retired? LOL!

Years ago I used to make this wonderful Martha Stewart Pecan Coconut cake - three layers of butter pecan cake, coconut pecan filling (much like the coconut frosting on a German Chocolate Cake) and frosted with layers of chocolate ganache, chopped pecans and toasted coconut sprinkled on top. I'm going to try to 'cupcake-ify' this one next. Stay tuned!

Super Contributor

Sammijo - just recently ran across this recipe bookmark'd while searching. Mallow cups are favorites in our house. Think the next time I make these- will top off with crushed graham crackers per your suggestion. Check it out - same flavor profiles. . .

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/mallo-cup-cupcakes/

Enjoy your retirement in good health - happiness! Come see us in Alaska one day soon!