Honored Contributor

HOISIN-GLAZED PORK AND TURKEY MEATLOAF

I made this last night.  I got the recipe out of Daphne Oz's new cookbook.  It is a different take on meatloaf and I thought it was good.

1-1/4 whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or cilantro
1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
4 scallions, minced
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 medium white onion, grated on a box grater
1 T finely grated fresh ginger
2 t toasted sesame oil
2 t kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground turkey
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 T ketchup

Preheat oven to 350.

Line broiler pan rack or wire rack with foil and set it on a rimmed baking sheet.  Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray.  Use a knife to make a few slips in the foil to allow the fat to drip from meatloaf.

In a large bowl whisk together the panko, milk, eggs, parsley/cilantro, basil, scallions, garlic, onion, ginger, sesame oil, salt and pepper.  Add the ground pork and turkey and use your hand to gently combine being careful not to overwork the meat.

Shape the mixture into a 12 inch long loaf and place on foil lined rack.  Flatten the top slightly and square off the ends.  In a small bowl whisk together the hoisin sauce and ketchup over the meatloaf and used a brush or spoon to generously coat the sides and top.

Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160.  Brush with glaze every 20 minutes.  Let meatloaf cool to 10 to 15 minutes.  Slice and serve.

I will make this again but I think I will put in into a loaf pan to cook because not a lot of drippings came off this.  I also made a sauce of hoisin, ketchup and sesame oil to drizzle over the slices.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOISIN-GLAZED PORK AND TURKEY MEATLOAF

@DiAnne, this sounds lovely.  Off to copy and paste.  Thanks for posting.  Love that you tried it first.  LM

Respected Contributor

Re: HOISIN-GLAZED PORK AND TURKEY MEATLOAF

@DiAnne, sounds great! Thanks.

Muddling through...