Respected Contributor

I was watching ITKWD and they were selling the George Foreman grill, they put on glazed donuts, thought that was odd but if you have stale donuts guess that would be a way to revive them. I know some people grill pound cake & pineapples but for me this was different. I have a stovetop grill pan and maybe try this. Also they had a grill pan they were selling & had sliced strawberries grilling. Never tried that either.

Respected Contributor

My Dad used to slice plain donuts and grill them in a cast iron skillet until brown. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

My mom would cut day old glazed donuts in half butter & put in the oven. They were pretty good. I tried them in the air fryer & they turned out yummy.

Respected Contributor

Grilled pineapple is delicious, never tried donuts.  Sounds good do me.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Mom used to make from her yeast dough growing in the fridge (cannot remember the exact name of that stuff) and fry donuts in a cast iron skillet.  Sometimes she would just fry up a can of biscuits shaped as donuts and put the sugar cinnamon all over them.  Not as good as the "home grown" kind.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I saw the grilled donuts bit too.  It was over-the-top, really who would do that?  Why not show healthier food?

Honored Contributor

I don't like to waste food, and admit to finding similar ways to use up doughnuts.   Also, if we have KFC, no one ever eats the biscuits with their chicken.   Therefore, I will make sausage gravy to go with the biscuits the next day, or fry the biscuit halves in butter, and roll them in cinnamon sugar to get my family to eat them.  My husband loves to spread a little soft butter on stale honey buns, wrap loosely in aluminum foil and heat in the oven.   He learned this as a child, when the storekeeper near his house would give him the stale honey buns from the store.